Thursday, February 4, 2021

What's for Dinner: This Week's Menu

So, last week's menu went off the rails, I have to admit.  I got to Saturday and then life just ended up getting in the way.  Saturday, due to the sewer vent pipe leaking and things, we ended up running around all day running errands/getting parts and then our friends invited us over to use their pool Saturday night, so we definitely took them up on that and got the son some much needed physical activity.  By running him around all day and then swimming and things it really helped to get him back onto a more normal (for him) sleep schedule.  We ended up using what we had left of our gift cards we got gifted for Christmas to take the kids out to dinner Saturday night and then after that I just ended up punting on meals the rest of the week (Eggs Benedict on Sunday by husband request, Beef teriyaki with miso and edamame on Monday and left over pizza on Tuesday).  Not sure why as I did cook at home, but it just seemed like I couldn't get back on track after Saturday.  So, I put the Pad Thai stir fry on the back burner until next week and am just going for things I need to make to use up stuff in the freezer and such.

The menu plan got delayed this week (basically why I didn't post it yesterday) was due to the fact that I had a pretty good headache going last night and just wasn't up to reading/writing anything, so the family had sandwiches for dinner (exciting I know, but it worked :).  So, yeah, onto this week's menu plan!

Thursday:  Slow cooked chuck roast, mashed potatoes with gravy and homemade bread

Friday:  Swedish pancakes with berries and whipped topping (I cleaned and consolidated my freezers yesterday and found like three containers of whipped topping, so yeah...it is wasting freezer space and needs to be eaten), bacon

Saturday:  Chicken gyros, fruit salad

Sunday:  Open faced roast beef sandwiches, canned peaches

Monday:  Hamburgers/cheeseburgers on home made bread, oven fries

Tuesday:  Roast chicken (Cornish game hens from freezer), stuffing, mashed potatoes

Wednesday:  Swedish meatballs over pasta, green beans

Desserts:  Chocolate mousse (okay, so it's just chocolate Jell-O pudding with some heavy cream whipped in to lighten it and make it mousse-like, but it'll work), lemon pound cake (maybe if I can get time to make it), banana bread (this needs to get made as I need to use the defrosted bananas that are in the fridge).

And there you go folks.  Our menu plan for the week.  Now I need to sit down and work on monthly goals...which is always a bit more complicated.  How about you?  Got anything good planned to eat this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment