Wednesday, January 27, 2021

What's for Dinner: This Week's Menu


 I know I missed Friday's post, but hey, this Friday I'll actually have some stuff to share as I'm super duper busy right now, so that'll be something right?

Speaking of busy, my schedule continues to be pretty hectic, so the menu plan is an invaluable resource at the moment.  Bright side is that last week I was able to stick to it decently well.  The Pad Thai stir fry didn't get made as we ended up using some gift cards we were given for Christmas and went out to eat instead as we were out doing stuff.  I also ended up making baked chicken versus fried last night because I was busy and didn't really have time to sit and babysit a pan or fryer (and I'm running low on oil and don't feel like having to pay for more at the moment just to fry some food).  The family was happy with the chicken and I made enough to use up leftovers for dinner tonight (yay for planning ahead) as I am in the middle of working on a bunch of stuff and just don't want to have to worry about complicated meals on top of it.

So, anyway, let's get to the menu plan!

Wednesday:  Chicken Caesar Salad (leftover chicken picked off the bone for the chicken part of the equation :).

Thursday:  Home made ravioli (Radish box recipe), home made rolls (use leftover mashed potatoes to make potato rolls), salad or fruit salad (depending if we have leftover salad from dinner tonight as I'm nearly out of lettuce).

Friday:  Cheeseburgers on home made rolls, oven fries, baked beans

Saturday:  Home made pizza and breadsticks (daughter's request)

Sunday:  Pancakes/Swedish pancakes/waffles (depending on time and energy levels), bacon and eggs with fruit on the side (to put on top of pancakes/waffles)

Monday:  Pad Thai stir fry (determined to get this made *laugh*).

Tuesday:  German spiced pork roast (or chops depending on time), German potato salad, canned pears.

Desserts:  No Bake Cheesecake (from mix in pantry), Gingersnaps (from cookie jar if people want them :).

And there you are folks.  Our tentative menu plan for the week.  How about you?  Got anything good planned this week?

3 comments:

  1. Here's mine:
    Sat: AF Corn Dogs for him; Cucumber/Tomato Feta Salad for me
    Sun: Hamburgers & AF FF for him; Homemade Chicken Noodle soup & Toast for me
    Mon: Pigs in a Blanket for him; Tomato/Avocado Salad & toast for me
    Tues: Pork Chops, Hash Browns (for him) & Sweet Potatoes (for me), Peas
    Wed: Waffles and Sausage Patties
    Thurs: Roasted Veg, Chicken Thighs
    Fri: Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Bake
    Sat: Spaghetti & garlic bread

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy! I love to plan ahead, even if I switch what days we're having what.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I no longer make a meal plan as my two older daughters have married and that has left just myself and younger daughter at home. My husband is a truck driver and therefore gone all week. I pack him his meals for the his work week (frugal).

    On Mondays, there are always leftovers from the meals that I've made him. For example, leftover rice, pasta, vegetables or meat. So Monday's dinner usually consists of a dish using some or all of these ingredients. My daughter and I will eat this on the Monday, and maybe even for another day.

    By Wednesday, the leftovers are eaten then I'll make a new meal starting with fresh ingredients.

    Then the leftovers of that are consumed Thursday, and Friday. For example, Tacos on Wednesday, then the leftovers are reconfigured: Thursday the taco filling is used to top nacho chips, fries or baked potato. Then on Friday the filling is thinned by adding some salsa or canned tomatoes and used as a topping for salad - Taco Salad dinner.

    Saturday my husband is home and a new meal is made.

    Sunday a new meal is served with some of the leftovers designed to be a meal or two for his dinners. Then the remaining leftover ingredients from the other dinners I've made for my husband, become the basis for Mondays meal. Thus the weekly menu wheel begins again.

    ReplyDelete