Monday, November 14, 2016

Monthly Goals Update and This Week's Goals

I almost didn't write this post considering I got like one whopping goal from last week actually worked on and that was Christmas gifts.  Past that, I was laid up a good portion of the week with my arm and then my son being sick with his infection didn't help me get anything done either. 

But, hey I got Christmas gifts worked on and that's important to get done, anyway :).

This week's goals are going to be focusing on much the same items so let's get it to it, shall we?

Sewing Goals:
  • Work on Christmas gifts.  Finish two if possible.

Food preservation goals:
  • Make canned coleslaw (the way this is going I might end up freezing it instead, but I'm hoping to can it.  Depending on how good my arm is to me).

General Goals:
  • Save money/spend as little money as possible (as anyone knows, this time of year it gets even harder and we've got a short month this month when it comes to payday).
  • Clean house (baby steps on this one as I'm trying not to overdo it and at the same time end up with a clean house at the end) and shampoo carpets
  • Get laundry caught up
  • Clean out snack cabinet and reorganize to work better (otherwise known as the "son food cabinet").
  • Get some pre-Thanksgiving prep done over the weekend this week.

And there you are folks.  My goals for this week.  How about you?  Got anything you're working on?

4 comments:

  1. So sorry your arm is worse, it's hard for mamas to be down. Hope your son's infection gets better quickly. I'm sure you've done way more than you think. Just the normal stuff...meals dishes, laundry, etc. is doing good when you don't feel well, plus a child having difficulties. Sometimes we just have to ignore our lists, although I'm like you, I love to check things off. Hope this week is better. You're doing great, hang in there....Vicky in Ky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't remember if you've had a doctor check out your arm. There might be medical help for you. Sometimes it's less expensive to "bite the bullet" and take care of things properly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did I'd see a couple of doctors about it. Unfortunately there isn't much of anything they can do about it. I have a bad combo going on with bicep tendinitis and frozen shoulder syndrome. I have stretches and things I do, but for the most part all you can do is ice, heat and Ibuprofen to alleviate the pain and just get by as well as I can until things improve.

      Delete
  3. Hope you are doing OK. Miss you this week on the web so I thought I'd just check in. If it has been a tough week just know you are being thought of and missed!!!

    ReplyDelete