Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Crock Pot Honey Mustard Pork


I'm sure you've seen on my menu plan the slot for mustard pork chops in the crock pot.  Well, this is the recipe I use.

Just a side note:  This recipe does work with chicken too.  I tend to use drumsticks when I make crock pot chicken as they are flavorful, cheap and a couple of them per person is perfect portions for us.

I like to serve this over noodles (as seen in the pictures).  I just boil noodles in salted water and then when they are done and drained I put a bit of light olive oil on the noodles and toss.  Then put the pork pieces right on top of the noodles.  It works wonderful.

This is one dinner where I tend to serve fruit instead of veggies with dinner, but a salad would work as a good accompaniment to the pork.

I call this "honey mustard pork" instead of "pork chops" in the recipe because by the time it's done cooking it falls apart in chunks.  So, really you're eating chunk pork vs. pork chops by the time it's done.

Crock Pot Honey Mustard Pork
Ingredients:
  • 2 to 4 pork chops (I use bone in pork chops for this.  Amount of pork chops depends on how hungry we are)
  • 1/3 cup spicy brown mustard
  • 1 1/2 tbs. honey (or more depending on sweetness level preferred)
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 3 tbs Parmesan cheese
  • Salt and Pepper to taste
Procedure:
Combine water, mustard, honey, Parmesan cheese and a pinch of salt and pepper in crock pot and whisk to combine well.  Add pork chops (push them down into the liquid so that they are covered as well as you can).

Cook on high 4 hours or low for 6 to 8 hours.  You'll be able to tell the mixture is done when you lift the pork chops with a fork and it'll fall apart. 
Serve over plain oiled pasta or rice.

Note:  You can double the recipe and pour over a pork roast if you don't want to make pork chops.

No comments:

Post a Comment