Monday, March 9, 2015

Menu Plan Monday: Menu for Week of 3/9/15



This is a hard Monday for me.  Daylight Savings Time is kicking my butt along with a sinus cough that won't go away and not enough sleep, even without Daylight Savings Time.  And I got some bad news from my family back East in regards to my grandma (she's going in for emergency surgery on her hip today after breaking it early this morning, she's got blockages in her neck and has had a mini-stroke so far this week...it's not looking good.  And I love the woman to death, so even though she's old...it's hard), so yeah...I'm kind of out of it today.  And to top it all off, my husband is working late a lot lately, so it makes it kind of hard to get too enthusiastic over dinner when I'm okay eating toast with butter and jam on it for dinner (when it comes to me, I just don't get too excited over food...weird I know).

But, the menu plan has to be made because otherwise I'm at a total loss for what to have for dinner and then on the nights where my husband is home he'll get grumpy if I just shrug and say, "I don't know" if he asks what is for dinner.  Luckily I've been hitting a stack of cookbooks hard this last week to make money stretch and coming up with different meals to try (necessity being the mother of invention and all of that), so I did at least get it done.

You will notice more eggs in this menu.  I've found that eggs are an excellent budget stretcher as they are filling, get necessary protein into the meal and my daughter will eat them (which is a definite bonus to me).

So, here's this week's menu.

Menu Plan for Week of 3/9/15
  • Monday:  Chicken Salad Sandwiches (using leftover chicken from last week), potato chips
  • Tuesday:  Pancakes, bacon, eggs
  • Wednesday:  Noodle bowls (I'll share that recipe after I make them...super easy, really easy to personalize and it's kinda fun to do), mixed veggies (for at least MY noodle bowl)
  • Thursday:  Pork Roast, leftover mixed veggies (with cheese), super baked potatoes
  • Friday:  Egg and Cheese Bake
  • Saturday:  French dips, salad, oven fries
  • Sunday:  Leftovers (if there are any, if not it's Pizza night)
 Baking Things to do (on Monday/today...it's going to be an exhausting day):  Jelly muffins, bread and scones (muffins and scones are for breakfasts this week as I have both kids home for Spring Break).  Also make ranch dip to have with carrot sticks (determined to break this into my daughter's snack time routine as it's a lot healthier than a lot of other stuff she considers "food").

Desserts:  Applesauce cake (muffins will double as dessert fare as well).

No comments:

Post a Comment