Thursday, April 4, 2024

Quick Life Recap

Please enjoy the unrelated stand in photo above, mainly because I'm really wishing it were Spring instead of it snowing like mad out today.  And really, it was a huge dragonfly and really impressive to take a photo of before it flew off (nature hates me photographing it and things will immediately take off when I get near them, so I was impressed this came out *laugh*).

And now, onto our regularly schedule posting.

Okay, for those wondering where my frugal Friday post was for last week and the aforementioned extra post I was planning on doing too...well...life got in the way.  It was a week.  My husband pulled something in his neck/shoulder the weekend before Easter doing something and has been in severe agony for nearly two weeks now.  I've actually spent a lot of time while he's home helping to get him fresh ice and things so he doesn't have to get up from a chair in the hopes that I'm alleviating his pain even a little bit.  He went to the doctor's last Friday and ended up on muscle relaxants and icing orders, which he's been doing religiously, but it hasn't gotten any better, so he's going to try the chiropractor next after he talked to my sister-in-law, who is a massage therapist, for advice.  

Then, my cat Prince was on my lap last Wednesday night and he just went nuts licking the chair of all things and I was trying to figure out what was going on when I realized he was bleeding everywhere!  I thought it was coming from his tail end, so I ended up taking him in as soon as we could on Thursday to the vet (we don't have any vet hospitals open anymore near where we live) and I was really thinking we were going to have to put him down (although what drove me nuts was that he hadn't acted sick...at all!).  My husband ended up taking the day off and staying home with the kids while I went in.  The vet, fortunately, came in and seeing all the new blood on Prince's tail looked at him considering and quickly came to the conclusion that she thought it was an injury that had gotten infected.  Sure enough, she checked and found said injury at the VERY base of his tail, so where I thought he was bleeding internally, he was bleeding externally after all.  She shaved the area, gave us a script for some pain killers and anti-inflamatory drugs and gave him a long lasting antibiotic shot and irrigated out the wound as well.  Cost me a decent amount (ended up putting that on the credit card, unfortunately, as vet care costs have gone through the roof the last couple of years), but at least it wasn't something really, really bad, so I'm counting my blessings on that one.  We are now over me having to shove two pills down his throat a day and he's begging for food again (the antibiotics started to get to him and the pain, I think, and he was out of it for the early part of this week), so I'm glad he's on the mend.  Trying to keep him away from any fights with Belkar for the time being as this whole experience has spooked me to what two house cats can do to each other in a normal everyday cat fight.  Yeesh.

So, when it came to frugal stuff last week, there wasn't much to report, but a bunch in the opposing direction (sigh), so I am just adding things to the money saving list and will share it, hopefully this weekend, if nothing else goes wrong.  Here's hoping.

So, yeah, consider blogging a work in progress at the moment and hopefully I can get caught up here with life getting in the way.

Oh and one other thing that I'm not sure where to post it up at, Julia (if you read this) I got your comment e-mailed to me by Blogger so I could post it, which I did (supposedly), but for some weird reason it does not show up on the blog.  It shows published on my blog end, but not on the public end.  I'm baffled on that one.  I e-mailed blogger about it and am waiting on a reply from them to see if they can figure out what is going on with that.

So, now that you guys are somewhat caught up, I'll post up some more upbeat things here *laugh*.  

No comments:

Post a Comment