Monday, December 19, 2022

Christmas Gifts 2022, Gift 4: Lavender Sachets

This is a gift to a friend of my daughter's...well really her friend's mom.  Her friend's mom loves heavily scented things, so I thought I'd use the lavender that I had gotten in my CSA box this summer (which I was honestly trying to figure out what to use it for) to make a couple of lavender sachets for her for Christmas and I'd put it in the gift along with some cookies for her friend.  

These things can't be easier to make.  If you have any nice scented things like herbs, rose petals or the like, all you really have to do is make some squares, sew them up until you have just a large enough opening to fit the things in that you want to add that smell nice (like I just left a big enough opening for a funnel so I could pour the lavender buds into the sachets), sew up your opening and bam!  Done!  I didn't fill the sachets super full so that they could be fit into a drawer with some clothes or something without getting in the way of things, but made the sachets big enough and out of bright enough material that they could (hopefully) be easily seen in a drawer if someone needed to move them or something. 

I used the same Christmas fabric I used to make the cup cozies out of and used some other left over bias tape I had around the house to make a bow for them.  Not a super hard gift to make, but hopefully one that they will like none-the-less.

5 comments:

  1. I love lavender sachets. This is a great idea and one i will add to my list for next year. I have quite a bit of lavender every year and always wonder what to do with it all. Yay! Thanks!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great idea. You have done well with the homemade gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! I have some lavender growing on my back patio and I love the smell but don't do anything with it other than pick some for a vase. Thank you for all of your gift ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I grow lavender in my garden.
    I cut it and put it in a pretty dish with roses. The sachets are a lovely gift.
    It goes to show,you don't need to spend
    a lot to do something beautiful and thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete