Saturday, July 31, 2021

Just a Quick PSA on the Recent Earthquake!

Map image source:  The Alaska Earthquake Center

I am so sorry that I did not post this sooner.  I'm actually getting quite a few worried e-mails and Facebook messages asking if we were impacted by the recent 8.2 earthquake that hit off of of the Aleutian Chain of Alaska a few days ago.  

Fortunately, no, my family wasn't impacted.  I feel for the poor folks who live closer to where the earthquake occurred as I know how much those aftershocks wear you down, but my family in particular didn't even feel anything.  

I didn't even know we had an earthquake up here that big until my mom called me yesterday to make sure we were okay because the news had misreported Chignik as Chugiak (Chugiak is in the Anchorage area).  

In short, we are fine.  Luckily, there was no tsunami from the earthquake and the aftershocks are following a typical aftershock pattern, so the odds of this being some sort of pre-quake are unlikely.

If you'd like to read more about the earthquake, you can go here and read the article that the Alaska Earthquake Center put out on the event.  

Go here to read about the 8.2 quake.

Thank you so much for your concern and I am VERY sorry to worry a bunch of people.  I need to keep up more on the news.  I've just started avoiding watching it more and more for the sake of my sanity of late.  Sorry about that!

3 comments:

  1. First thing that entered my mind when I heard about the earthquake was you guys. Glad you are fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you and your family are okay! As soon as I heard the words, earthquake in Alaska, I thought about you and your family. Big hugs to all of you !

    ReplyDelete
  3. 8.2 is a very big earthquake ! Relieved to hear that you and your family are not affected.

    ReplyDelete