Monday, December 21, 2020

What's for Dinner: This Week's Menu

So, confession time.  I'm pretty much winging dinner the next couple of days.  Sad, but true.  My husband is taking vacation time for over a week around Christmas, so I'm just trying to make it through until then and go from there *laugh* (so excited to have him home for a bit and not having to worry about him commuting on the nasty winter roads every day :).  So, let's get to the menu plan as it stands at this moment!

Menu Plan for the week of 12/21/2020

Monday:  Baked fish, rice, fruit cocktail

Tuesday:  German Hamburg patties (think of kind of a cross between a hamburger and a meatball :), German potato salad

Wednesday:  Chicken Lyonnaise, rice pilaf, green beans

Thursday:  Lasagna (family tradition), home made bread, bread sticks (for the son)

Friday:  Puff pastry wrapped steaks (thanks for the tip, Mable!), greens (from freezer), roasted beets (maybe...still debating this one.  I do have beets in the freezer, but still wondering if this is how I want to use them).

Saturday:  Beef teriyaki, rice,  miso soup, edamame or broccoli (depending on family preference).

Sunday:  Doppekooche (potato casserole with bacon), applesauce (traditional side dish from my cookbook, so I'm going with it)

Breakfasts are going to pretty much compose of toast, eggs and maybe French Toast (since my husband will be home and that's one of his favorites).  Oh and orange rolls for the daughter and husband on Christmas Day (another family tradition that was on sale really cheap last week :).

And there you go folks.  Our tentative menu plan for the week.  We shall see how it all goes, but hopefully I'll be able to stick to it decently well.  How about you?  Got anything different planned for dinner and things this week?

2 comments:

  1. Our local store had Detroit deep dish pizzas on sale. So, that will be our Christmas meal. You can’t get any more low-key than that! With just the two of us, i am more than okay with not cooking. Especially since i cook just about every other day of the year. Your menu always sounds wonderful to me.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you and your family are doing well. It's time to say goodbye to 2020 and hello to 2021. I wish you a happier, healthier and safer New Year! (hope you also had a nice Christmas) Ranee (MN)

    ReplyDelete