Monday, July 8, 2019

What's for Dinner: This Week's Menu


Yay!  I got the menu plan done for this week!  I'm feeling all accomplished!

The pressure cooker is definitely doing it's duty the last bit with the severe heat wave we have going on around here.  I love that it doesn't heat up the house, which is a Godsend at the moment.  We are actually breaking temperature records up here right now and we finally broke record summer heat records that were set in 1964 (I believe it was '64, but don't hold me to that as I didn't double check it).  Note:  I could have lived without us having to do that *laugh*.

Bright side is that the heat wave is supposed to start breaking toward the end of the week and we go from a 0% chance of rain to about a 60% chance, so I'm hopeful that we'll get rain up here sometime soon and the thousands of acres that are currently on fire in every direction can finally start to get under control and eventually go out.  Here's hoping.  Anyway, with the weather predicting a lowering of temperatures back down into the 70's by the end of the week I'm going to have some faith that it is actually going to happen and plan for some more oven friendly meals.  Let us hope that the weather is going to go the way the weathermen think it will.

As a side note I am still working on Monthly Goals and things, so I haven't posted those yet and I haven't forgotten about the recipe I wanted to post, so here's hoping I can get those done here soon.

Right, onto the menu!
Monday:  Pressure Cooker Meatloaf (I'm just going to pressure cook the recipe I normally use via instructions I found online).  Once done, pull meatloaf out and drain liner and then get potatoes on for pressure cooker mashed potatoes (I would do the two together, but all I have are russet potatoes, which take a lot less cooking time than Yukon Gold or other boiling potatoes).  Serve with gravy (I have some really nice gravy I made with beef roast the other night that I'll use) and green beans.  Dessert:  S'More pudding cups (I have a bunch of graham crackers that came kind of crushed so I'm going to smash those into crumbs and then layer them in some sundae cups with chocolate pudding and then put mini marshmallows on top). 
Tuesday:  Spaghetti.  Salad.   Dessert:  Watermelon
Wednesday:  Tomato Soup with grilled cheese sandwiches (if I can bake and/or pick up some bread at the store as we are currently out). 
Thursday:  Ham.  Salad, Home made bread.   Dessert:   Lemon tart (canned lemon pie filling, make shortbread crust). 
Friday:  Home made pizza and breadsticks. 
Saturday:  Roast chicken.  Stuffing.  Scalloped potatoes.  Corn. 
Sunday:  Leftovers (maybe chicken salad sandwiches if we have enough chicken left).
And there you are folks.  Our dinner menu for the week.  When it comes to breakfast we've just been eating cereal (due to the heat) and for lunch we've been having whatever will bake or cook quickly or we are eating things like tuna salad.

How about you?  Got anything good planned for your menu this week?

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've managed to combat the heat by using appliances other than the oven - same here. It's been very hot and I've used my slow cooker quite a bit, or the grill, or sauteed foods on the stove top quickly.

    My menu basically consisted of: Beef stir fry; Homemade crock pot chicken and vegetable soup; grilled steak, caesar salad, sauteed mushrooms and onions and sliced cucumbers; ham, cheese and vegetable omelet with a giant salad on the side; blackened fish tacos with vegetables and dip; grilled Greek pork souvlaki kebobs with barbecued roasted vegetables; chipotle chicken taco salad.

    My husband and I are trying to lose some weight so are eating low carb, but I add some carbs to my kids' meals, like nacho chips with the taco salad for example. Unfortunately, to resist being tempted by sweets, I didn't make any desserts but the kids are finding ice cream etc. for their treats.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying to use up the home made meals in the freezer as it needs defrosting and a good sort out. Your meals sound good.

    ReplyDelete