Wednesday, January 23, 2019

What's for Dinner: This Week's Menu



Enjoy the shot from inside my fridge from a few days back.  I should have taken an up to date picture, but plain forgot *laugh*.

Well, one of my goals for this year was to get back on the menu planning bandwagon, so I was happy that I was able to sit down today and make a menu for this week.  I sat down while my son was in therapy and used my smart phone to look up the ads for the week, figure out if there was anything we absolutely we could not live without that was on sale (there wasn't) and then started to build the menu plan from what I had in the house.  And here's what I came up with for this week.

Wednesday:  Meatloaf (use rest of hamburger in fridge), baked potatoes, salad.  Strawberries (defrosted and mixed with sugar) over ice cream for dessert. 
Thursday:  Pizza and breadsticks 
Friday:  Roast chicken, stuffing, green beans.  Pumpkin pie (use pie in freezer) for dessert. 
Saturday:  Easy to stuff Manicotti, home made bread, salad 
Sunday:  Pork chops, rice, applesauce 
Monday:  Chicken tortellini (use leftover roast chicken) with vegetables (whatever needs to be used up in freezer) 
Tuesday:  Beef Roast, roasted carrots and potatoes, home made bread

To bake:  Bread (Saturday), cookies (Saturday, for after school treats)

Breakfasts:  Mini Breakfast bakes (in air fryer), french toast with bacon and fruit, toast with butter and jam

And there you are folks.  My menu plan for the week.  How about you?  Planning anything good to eat this week?

6 comments:

  1. All of that sounds delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What time should we show up? :)
    Your dinner lineup sounds wonderful...

    I'm interested in your mini breakfast bakes....

    Have a wonderful weekend,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds delicious. I tried a new recipe today called tuna meatballs but there was no meat in it so I call it tuna fish balls. It was really good. I like the sound of the mini breakfast bakes. I am planning on peanut butter pancakes tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been doing a little more menu planning lately, as I work through some items that need to be used. I'm just doing a few days at a time, according to what I need to finish up.

    I got out some chicken breasts that are marinading in the fridge. There was a 2-pack of pork roast that we got a while back for a super cheap price due to a store opening. (Each small roast was around $2) My husband has one of them in the fridge with a rub on it and will bbq it and the chicken tomorrow. He put salsa verde over the other one and put it in the crock pot today. We did tacos from that one tonight. I will still need to freeze a few portions of the prepared pork, though.

    Some of the Costco 6-pack of lettuce is getting sad, so we've been eating salad a lot. I got a few more veggies today and am good until the end of the month, I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I already made a big pot of HM mushroom & barley soup, plus cooked some chicken thighs in a sweet & sour sauce and then baked a couple of salmon fillets in lemon & butter and served those with some mini potatoes and salads for two meals.
    Today I made brunch - bacon, sausage, egg & peppers so I just had some soup and custard later.
    Tomorrow will be sardines on toast (I'm having a pub lunch with friends so supper will be light) and Sunday I will use up the last of the meatloaf that is in the freezer with lots of veg. Monday & Tuesday I'll be using up salad greens and proteins will probably be hard boiled eggs & cheese - and that's how far ahead I've planned at the moment.
    I'm having a big lunch out on Wednesday (a late Christmas treat from a friend) so supper will probably be some scrambled eggs and then I'll probably cook on Thursday for a few days ahead but haven't planned that far ahead as yet.
    I baked a batch of mini cupcakes yesterday so that will do for a treat over the next week. Might bake a yogurt loaf next Thursday as well as cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You haven't posted in a while so just wondered if everything was ok?

    ReplyDelete