Monday, April 24, 2017

Monthly Goals Update and This Week's Goals

Well when it comes to the goals for this month, I didn't do too shabby all things considered I think.  The chickens are settled into their new home and seem very content, I went through my seeds and planned the garden, only to change my mind about five times as the weather isn't cooperating with the idea of decently early planting, although I at least got the garden turned over and ready to plant some seeds hopefully this week (we're expecting rain so that is a bit iffy).  Menu planning has been kind of on the fly, but I've been doing OKAY on that front overall.  I finally decided this last week that the best thing I can do for myself to make my life easier when it comes to menu planning is to do it on a Wednesday to Tuesday schedule instead of a Monday to Sunday because of the way I end up doing grocery shopping.  So, I'm going to give that a shot and see how everything goes for a while (so be prepared for the menu plan to be posted on Wednesday instead of Monday, basically :).

Spring cleaning has been a start and stop affair, but I'm hoping to be able to hit it harder this week, after Wednesday anyway (appointments for the kids took up today and will take up tomorrow as well).   I'm making slow, ever so slow, of progress in that area anyway.

So, onto the goals for this week!

General Goals:
  • Call speech therapist "list" again and stalk voice mails about possible openings (done)
  • Bring some of the masses of cardboard to the recycling center
  • Mend son's favorite comforter so it's at least in one piece again
  • Spring clean some more
  • Fold and put away laundry
  • Harvest lettuce from hydroponics garden again (done)
  • Pull out seeds that need to be worked as soon as the soil is defrosted enough and plant them in the protected part of the garden (under the eaves).
  • Put ring of DE around the house.

And there you go folks.  My goals for this week.  How about you?  Up to anything interesting this week?

1 comment:

  1. This week my oldests school carnival happens friday, and Saturday we are doing a yard sale, so I've been trying to group like boxes together. I have about 60 boxes of stuff. The house could stand to get rid of more, but frankly, I'm exhausted, have a straigned muscle on the back of my knee, and twinged my back moving boxes. My husband from last years yardsale put a huge heavy box of books on the top shelf and when I was pulling it down, didn't expect the weight and leaned back too far.

    I am going to rest after this sale, then start looking for more stuff and we might do another one july or august.

    Next week I'm in charge of the church swapmeet. Friday I'll go get the tables set up with the family and put out donations. Next day, we will open the doors so people can take what they like. Its always interesting.

    Saturday next, is also neighborhood yard sale for several areas, so curious to go if we can to browse.

    We have had a week solid of rain. I wonder if my seeds washed away. My peppers and tomatoes are growing well but for one plant. Its really struggling. My strawberries are looking beautiful and for once, we might get blueberries! My onions are doing the best I have ever seen. The unusually mild winter let me plant them in Feb, and that extra month to 6 weeks has been huge.

    ReplyDelete