Thursday, November 12, 2015

A Gift a Day Gift Ten: Colored Dress Scarf



Today's gift is another dress scarf that I made for my oldest niece.  I wanted to make a scarf that had a bit of adventure to it, so I tried to pick out a fabric that would be a nice piece to "change up" her outfits.  So I made this one out of a patterned fabric that has a swirly design with blue, lilac, green, etc.  I thought it was actually a pretty nice mixture of colors without being noxious, so here's hoping I was right *laugh*.

I made this out of another .50 remnant from the used store...well 1/2 of a remnant anyway as it was about the same size as the other cloth piece I made a scarf out of.  It's about 24" wide and 50" long.  Short, but doable as a scarf, so I am hoping she'll like it.

I used a double folded 1/4 seam for this, just like the other one I did and I think it turned out pretty well.

Total Time to Make scarf:  About an hour including cutting time as I was being careful to line up the fabric design as much as possible when I was pinning it..

Total Cost of Scarf:  .25 for the fabric.  The thread was given to me by my step mom even so I don't have any minute costs there (thanks Rox!).

1 comment:

  1. I love that scarf! It is so pretty and right on trend fashion wise.

    ReplyDelete