Monday, May 4, 2015

Menu Plan Monday: Menu for Week of 5/4/15

Colds.  Who needs them?  We were able to fend of a really nasty cold that has been hitting the local area for months, but this week...with only two full weeks of school to go and now I and my son are definitely fighting it.  Blech!

When it comes to the menu plan, for the next couple of months, I'm going to be challenging myself to only buy the essentials (kid foods, milk, eggs, etc) and live as much as I can off of the pantry and the freezer to save money for one and for two...to save money *laugh*.

So, I sat down last night and came up with a tentative "schedule" to plan my meal plan around.  It goes something like this...
Sunday:  Leftovers Day
Monday:  Pasta Day
Tuesday:  Pork or fish/seafood
Wednesday:  Chicken or Beef Day
Thursday:  Breakfast Dinner Day
Friday:  Misc Night (good night for tacos, pizza, etc)
Saturday:  Whole Chicken/Chicken Day
Can't tell I have a lot of chicken in the freezer can you?  Anyway, that's the best thing I could come up with for a schedule of events, as it were, but I think this will help me to stay on track with main dishes for the next couple of months.

So, here's this week's menu!

Menu Plan for Week of 5/4/15
Monday:  Noodle Bowl Night
Tuesday:  Pork Chops with fig sauce (new recipe I'm messing with that will call for fig jam), rice, salad
Wednesday:  Crock Pot Chicken w/ Grill Seasoning, mashed potatoes, mixed veggies
Thursday:  French Toast, Bacon, fruit (from pantry)
Friday:  Fish, Rice, Cheesy veggies
Saturday:  Roast Chicken w/ Roasted root veggies
Sunday:  Leftovers
Breakfasts (outside of the norm):  Applesauce muffins, pudding parfaits

Desserts:  Yellow cake with chocolate frosting, jello with whipped topping, pantry custard ice cream (if I can find room in the freezer to try it out).

Kitchen Goals (despite being sick):  Make four loaves of bread to use 1 per week for the next four weeks.  Put three in freezer to use later.

No comments:

Post a Comment