Saturday, February 21, 2015

Frugal Friday (Money Saving Weekly Recap): Week Ending 2/21/15

Since Blogger is FINALLY working for more than two minutes at a time today, I figured I'd share this week's frugal accomplishments.

Here's some ways I saved money this week...



1.  My daughter wanted me to buy a store bought cake to bring to school for her birthday, but instead I made cookies for all of her classmates (and bonus she could carry them with her so I didn't have to disrupt class to bring in a treat).  Recipe for those coming soon.


2.  I finished work on another pot holder to replace my silicone lined one that started melting silicone onto my baking dishes (not too sure, but I'm relatively certain that is not a good thing).  I've decided to start replacing store bought with home made whenever possible and I have to say that these work great and don't burn my hands (instructions for those coming soon as well).  I started making these over the holidays for my daughter's teachers and kinda fell in love with them, so I've been making my own with the yarn I have left from projects over the years.



3.  My husband ran out of the foot cream I'd bought for him at Fred Meyer, which was not cheap (I know it was about 9.00), so instead of buying him more I took some herb infused oils I had around the house and made him a big vat of foot cream.  That should last him a while. I took my recipe from my old blog here and added a bit of shea butter.  It did not work as well with cheap coconut oil, so I had to add a bunch of extra beeswax to make it solid enough to work, but overall it works okay (and yes, I do have all of that stuff around, oddly enough *laugh*).

4.  I made all of our meals at home, with the exception of a birthday dinner for my daughter and for that we used gift cards given to us by a friend as a thank you to my husband for doing some work on his house.  We still have some money left on the gift cards and my daughter had a great birthday, so it worked out.

And there you have it folks.  Some of my frugal accomplishments this week.  How did you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment