Friday, January 30, 2015

Welcome to the "Make Do" Homemaker!

The best place to start, so I'm told, is at the beginning.  So, please, allow me to introduce myself.

My name is Erika, and through most of my adult life I've made my living being broke.  No, seriously, I have.  Even when my husband and I could scrape and save money together for different life events, things like unemployment would rear up, kick us down and make the savings we'd fought so hard to get go away like balloons floating into space.

But, along the road of life and it's various pot holes, I've learned things (at least I'd hope I have).  Once again, we're forced this year to start from zero and rebuild our financial lives again after a period of too long unemployment last year (my husband is a contractor...it's one of the joys of the construction trade).  So, this blog is here to catalog how I'm doing that, how it's going, sharing tips and tricks that I've learned from living broke, but not poor.  And past the rebuilding (if I ever get there), I hope to just have this blog be a great place to share the inspirations and trials that come with homemaking.  Because, honestly, just because you're broke, you can still have a decent quality of life and if you work at it, I think you can find that you can still save and rebuild.

As my grandfather would always say, "Rock bottom is a great solid place to build up from."  And you know what?  He's right.

I'm glad to have you here.  Stick around and visit a while won't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment