So, here's a really simple pasta salad recipe for you to add your own things into and bonus is that the vinaigrette goes GREAT on regular salad as well.
- 1/2 pound shaped pasta of choice, cooked to package directions
- 1/2 can black olives, drained
- Sharp cheese (amount depending on taste, I probably put in 1/4 cup of crumbles in mine)
- 1 recipe vinaigrette (recipe follows)
1. Mix all ingredients in a bowl carefully to avoid breaking up pasta until pasta is well coated.
2. Sprinkle dried basil on top.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 1/2 tsp. cider vinegar (you could also use red wine vinegar or other vinegar for a different flavor)
- 1/4 tsp. ground mustard (or you can use 1 to 2 tsp. prepared mustard if you prefer)
- 1/4 tsp. dried basil
- 1/8 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- Pinch of onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Mix all ingredients in a a salad dressing shaker or whisk together in a bowl.
Serve over salad of choice (or use as vinaigrette in pasta salad, obviously).