Ever had a week where you feel like you finally accomplished things you've been wanting to and just feel awesome about it? Yeah, that's me this week :).
When it came to the Monthly Goals I got a decent amount done this week overall.
1. I made a pattern for my daughter for nightgowns (as seen on my Frugal Friday post).
2. I completed one nightgown from start to finish (seen up top) and got a pretty pattern embroidered onto it. This is going to be part of my daughter's birthday gift. She knows I was adding some embroidery to it, but I never let her see the design so that'll be a surprise for her *laugh*.
I wish I could have gotten the cross stitch to show up well that I filled in the decorative underline with as it came out looking so darned cute, but I took my picture in dim overcast lighting and it just didn't want to pop when I edited the photo. I fused some lightweight fusible interfacing to the backside of the nightgown to not only make the embroidery not be itchy, but also to protect the loose threads from wandering fingers that might want to pull them. I did the ironing a bit late at night and ended up with a few minor wrinkles in the fabric because of it, but ah well...it's a nightgown *laugh*.
The material I used was a pink bed sheet that I had. I kept thinking I might use it as a backing for a quilt, but it was the perfect weight for a nightgown. I cut another nightgown out of the same sheet and I cut another one from a butterfly printed sheet we have. These will be great nightgowns for summertime especially. I still have to sew the other two together (I'm figuring between the two it'll probably be about an hour worth of work), but I got them cut out.
3. I cut out cloth napkins out of white muslin to make today. They are currently in my dryer ready to be ironed and sewn. Yay!!! I'm so excited as I've been trying to get this far for a while *laugh*.
4. I checked and made sure I had all the materials to make my daughter a birthday cake, including pink icing, which she's super psyched about.
5. I started to scrub down the walls and get all of the finger prints off. Making progress is always nice :).
6. I have been trying really hard to drink more water and so far so good.
Onto this week's goals:
1. Get other two nightgowns for daughter sewn together.General Goals:
2. Sew napkins and start designing embroidery for them.
3. Start work on Spring themed tablecloth.
4. Work on darning.
1. Scrub master bathroom and set up "new to it" rugs and new shower curtain.
2. Make Valentine's for son's classroom party (they didn't have a party last year with Valentine's involved. This year they do, so I'm seeing what I can make instead of having to buy more Valentine's. Here's hoping I have materials that'll work).
3. Scrub fridge and see if there's anything that needs to be used up.
So, there you are folks. My goals for this week. What are you up to this week?