You know, I've been so preoccupied worrying about making bills and getting things accomplished that I completely spaced it was December and I needed to make out my goals lists for the month until yesterday. Oh yeah! If anyone is with it this time of year, it's me!
Bright side, it was REALLY easy to figure out goals for this month as Christmas preparation is definitely taking precedence over everything else. So, that made for a quick list to make.
I was saving the couch reveal for the "Monthly Goals Update" post for this week and then realized I wasn't going to have one because it's a new month *laugh*, so a picture of the finished couch is up top there. I ended up using a red pleather suede type of fabric for the cushion covers as it was one of the few fabrics I had that was big enough to make three slip covers from. It's not the heaviest materials in the world, but I had it and it looked good with the grey, so I went with it. Hopefully it will live for a while. I find it funny that all through the project my husband didn't seem at all happy with what I was doing, but when it was finished he said, "Everything looks good together." So bwahahaha!
I'm going to add the love seat repairs to this month's goals, but I'm dubious in my ability to get to it as I still have gifts to make and baking and things to do, so yeahhh...we'll see how far I get.
The video shelves are now in their new home up in the living room and three boxes of videos are parked in my living room waiting to be put away (honestly after doing video moving for three days straight I just burned out, said "To heck with this!" and moved the rest of the videos upstairs. I'll get to putting the rest of the videos away in the next couple of days.
And really, looking at the monthly goals I wrote last month about the only thing I didn't get done was the master bedroom closet (I DID start on it, though) so that was a good feeling!
Now onto this month's goals!
- Get Christmas Gifts Made (or "Sew woman! Sew!!!")
- Sew new table runner for den
- Work on other projects if I can find time (like love seat repair)
- Get Christmas Gifts Made
- Wrap Gifts and Get Ready to Give them out (nearly done with wrapping up what I have done so far)
- Donate to "Toys for Tots" (I was only able to get a couple of new videos to donate this year that I found out in storage of all places...I'm thinking they were future Christmas gifts that I forgot about and ended up buying the videos later on after we moved...but it's better than nothing :).
- Donate a few things to holiday food drive
- Bake and have fun with kiddos
- Get kids through dentist appointment at the end of month
- Figure out something fun, but preferably free, to do for my birthday at the end of the month (we're going to be broke again this year for my birthday, I can just see it, so I need to plan ahead).
- Get back to menu planning (I NEED to get back in gear with this as it helps so much to take the worry out of what's for dinner).
- Finish putting videos into the shelves in the living room.
- Work on getting master bedroom cleaned up and organized.
And there it is. My goals, such as they are, for this month. How about you? Got a list going yet?