I did get the pantry reset, kind of, last week too. I took my commercially canned goods and moved them off the wire shelves and placed them in the slanted part of the pantry (I'll take pictures as soon as I come up with a BIT better organization in there as boxes are just kind of stacked right now) and I was able to start to really organize my home canned goods better.
The nicest part is that I can still stack upwards on things like where the applesauce is (as we go through a lot of applesauce around here and I just can't see the amount I have lasting us all the way through winter...and now my daughter won't eat store bought applesauce because she realized how good home made is *laugh*). I've still got cardboard and I have tons of rings, so it won't be too hard to put rings loosely on jars, place some cardboard and put another layer of jars up. At least I'm happy with how the home canned goods are shaping up on the shelves. I have left room for things that I still need to can (BBQ sauce, strawberry rhubarb pie filling, etc), but so far, so good!
So, onto the goals for this week!
- Can golden syrup
- Can mustard
- Work on mending pile.
- Start to work on dress or skirt.
- Work on gift for niece (I need to make a sticky of this and just copy and paste it from week to week the way I'm going *laugh*).
- Shampoo carpets (this is going to wait for another day. I was planning on doing it today, but with how heavily it is raining the carpets would never dry, so it's out for the day).
- Scrub down son's bedroom.
- Fold laundry and keep on top of housework.
- Work on getting den decluttered a bit.
- Work on Christmas gift list for family (I'm seriously wondering if I'm going to be dropping extended family on gifts this year just because I haven't had the money to buy materials to make gifts. Normally due to yard sales and thrift stores I'm in a LOT better shape than I am this year...I've just had to prioritize where money goes and feeding my family over winter and things has definitely taken precedence over gift giving. I've got to figure this one out soon or I am going to stress myself out come October).
- Take better inventory of meat in freezer and figure out what is in desperate need to be filled.
- Check and see if I have materials available in pantry to make husband some home made truffles (filled chocolates) as part of anniversary gift.
- Figure out menu plan for week (I totally didn't do one last week and it was AWFUL trying to figure out what to have for dinner every night. I need to be better organized this week. I'm hoping to do two weeks at once. HOPING anyway).
- If there's time and weather permits, work on yard.
And I'm sure there were some other things I had written down, but I can't find my list right now, so this will have to do. What are your plans for this week?