I did manage to get a few, although not many, of my goals from last week accomplished and got some things on my monthly list worked on.
1. I got the downstairs carpets shampooed.
Still have to go over the carpets a few more times to get them where I'd like them to be, but overall I'm pleased with them.
2. I got some presents for extended family done this week (more on those later...I have a knee jerk reaction to sharing Christmas related things before November 1st, so I'm really trying to save "holiday" types of things until after Halloween *laugh*).
3. I got some projects pulled out, some planned out, some cut out and ready to go as well (seen above).
4. I got some more of the pantry organized and a few things marked down on my pantry inventory list. Still working on it, though as I've barely begun.
5. Laundry is no where near caught up right now. My son went through an exorbitant amount of bedding over the weekend, so I've got a lot of laundry to catch up on in the next couple of days.
6. I did manage to pretty much get over my cold this week. Still making sure to take care of my residual symptoms, but overall I'm feeling a lot better.
7. I got the canner put away and took an inventory of basics that I need for canning season next year.
And now onto the goals for this week.
This Week's Goals:
1. Breathe. Money going out with doctor's appointments, potential money going out with the orthodontist tomorrow (I'm not sure if monthly visits are covered in the base price we paid) and such has me a bit panicky. So, breathing is always a good first step.
2. Continue to work on Christmas gifts for extended family.
3. Finish one Christmas gift for son and one for daughter.
4. Fix husband's recliner. I got kind of foiled in my want to fix this last week as I'm not sure what to use instead of upholstery tacks on the "new" arms for the chair.
5. Empty kitchen cabinets. Clean them and reorganize. Wipe down fronts with Murphy's Oil Soap.
6. Mend two new holes I found in comforters.
7. Start working on mending giant pile of husband's socks.
8. Mend at least two pairs of husband's jeans.
9. Print out a couple more Halloween decorations.
10. Work on budget for winter. Our gas and especially our electric bill has gone up a LOT on base rates this last year (our electric company is ridiculous on upping the base rate...it's gone up like four times in the last eight months) so I really need to figure out if there is any way to cut back on utilities before the really cold weather sets in.