Monday, August 3, 2015

Menu Plan Monday: Menu for Week of 8/3/15

Well, this week's menu is going to get interesting.  We're having yet more high temps around here this week so I REALLY don't want to turn on the oven for very long if I can help it.  I keep trying to wake up early, when the temperatures are lower, to do my baking and things for the day, but my son is having allergy problems of late so he's not sleeping at night.  So I'm dragging my behind out of bed whenever he decides to get up (read:  too darn early) and wandering around the house looking like a zombie with a cup of coffee in my hand until about ten.  Not ideal.  So, I haven't gotten any baking done yet this week.  I'm hoping to get to it tomorrow as we got a reprieve in our schedule from therapy at the beginning of this week due to my son's speech therapist having a class she was going to, but it will depend if my son actually sleeps tonight.  I'll send up a prayer.

Due to the heat I'm going to be doing things like deep fat frying things (much quicker than preheating an oven to bake) or cooking things in the crock pot for dinner the next night so we can eat dinner cold.

Menu Plan for Week of 8/3/15
Monday:  Fried ham slices, mashed potatoes, salad

Tuesday:  Creamy chicken and rice (crockpot)

Wednesday:  Fish and Chips

Thursday:  Pork Roast (crock pot), rice, peaches

Friday:  Fried Chicken (reuse oil from fish and chips), mashed potatoes, green beans

Saturday:  Cold fried chicken, macaroni salad, baked beans

Sunday:  Pulled pork sandwiches (use leftover pork roast), leftover baked beans, leftover macaroni salad
Desserts:  Donuts/Fried dough

Baking List:  Basic White Bread (make second loaf into cinnamon swirl loaf), Flat bread/crackers (if I get to this, recipe coming soon *laugh*), blueberry muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment