Unfortunately, ground turkey is well...bland. So, I came up with this recipe to up the flavor content and also the moisture content of the ground turkey.
And they turned out so well that my daughter even liked the final result.
Turkey Burgers with Honey Mustard Dressing
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 small onion, diced fine (slice other half thin and reserve)
- 1 tsp. dried tarragon
- 1/2 to 1 tsp. sriracha sauce (you can sub out regular hot sauce)
- 1 egg
- dash of salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
Preheat broiler with grill in top 1/3 of oven. Mix all ingredients, with the exception of the reserved sliced onion, in a bowl with your (clean) hands. Shape into four large patties and place on a baking sheet.Honey Mustard Dressing
Broil 8 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches 170 degrees F.
Serve on toasted buns with thin sliced onion, fresh lettuce and honey mustard dressing (recipe follows).
- 2 TBS spicy brown mustard (can also use Dijon)
- 1 tsp to 1 TBS honey (depending on sweetness level preferred)
Mix well in a small bowl with a spoon. Serve as condiment with turkey burgers.