Monday, March 16, 2015

Menu Plan Monday: Menu for Week of 3/16/15


My mood has improved greatly over the course of the weekend.  Mainly by over thinking my situation (if you find something you're good at...) and coming to the conclusion that while things are going to be tight for a while, I can manage.

One of the things that helped route me out of my depression was hitting the books.  Literally.  I hit the cookbooks and figured out some recipes that I could make with what materials I had in the pantry.  Figuring out "fancy" meals I could make with what I had around here helped to make me feel a bit better about my life situation.

I really want to keep my grocery budget at 50.00 a week over the course of the next few months as that will save me a good amount of money overall, and thus help me to pay down bills.  So, that is what I'm hoping to do.  Shopping sales, using coupons (when I can) and being careful not to pick up impulse items is going to be that much more important, but I'm pretty confident that I can do it.

I did stumble a little bit over the weekend and went 6.00 over my grocery budget for this week because Carrs had cabbage and potatoes on sale (still do through tomorrow, actually) and I wanted to pick up a decent amount of each as the red potatoes will keep for months in my fridge and so will the cabbage and really, making salad with the cabbage will be significantly cheaper than buying salad AND will keep a lot longer too.

So, here's the menu plan for this week.

Menu Plan for Week of 3/16/15
  • Monday:  Tortellini in Alfredo Sauce with Peas (I add a handful of frozen peas directly to the sauce for added nutrition)
  • Tuesday:  Crab Cakes (a recipe I'm working on...here's hoping it turns out well), salad
  • Wednesday:  Baked chicken, rice, fruit cocktail
  • Thursday:  Easy Chili, cornbread
  • Friday:  Baked Ziti (I'm going to totally redo how the basic recipe is done to make do with what we have.  If it turns out, I'll post the recipe.  If it doesn't turn out...we'll still eat it *laugh*).
  • Saturday:  Leftovers
  • Sunday:  Pork Chops, rice, green beans 
Desserts:  Vanilla Cupcakes (I got some free from Carrs with my Just 4 U coupons), apple pie, Super Simple Ice Cream

No comments:

Post a Comment