Friday, February 19, 2021

What's for Dinner: This Week's Menu

Well, the menu plan is late this week, but hey better late than never for sure.  

You will notice an odd meal on the menu plan.  That is because one of my daughter's history units had a final where you had to make a Medieval meal from a varied list of options, so we are kind of punting said menu to make food with ingredients we have on hand (I refused to go and buy things like sandalwood to color a dish...we do not have that type of money).  

So, let's get to it!

Friday:  Potage (basically vegetable and barley stew with a bit of meat mixed into it), sourdough bread.  Pokerounce for dessert (basically toast with honey and spices on it.  Sounds good anyway :).

Saturday:  Bacon cheeseburgers on homemade bread, salad, baked beans.

Sunday:  Home made pizza and breadsticks

Monday:  Spiced pork roast, mashed potatoes, green beans

Tuesday:  Meatballs over pasta with spiced cranberry sauce (I'm just going to adapt some left over cranberry relish from Thanksgiving to make the sauce).

Wednesday:  Pancakes, bacon, eggs with berries (from the freezer)

Thursday:  Beef teriyaki, miso soup, salad with Asian dressing (look up recipe for Asian dressing), rice.

Desserts:  Chocolate cake with buttercream frosting (otherwise known as birthday cake for the daughter *laugh*), Pokerounce, berry crumble (probably raspberry, depending what needs to be used in the freezer) 

And there you go folks.  Our tentative menu plan for this coming week.  How about you?  Making anything good?

3 comments:

  1. How cool about learning about food and meals from the past. I bet it was good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL,I had to go back and read the daily menu's to see which one sounded "odd". It sounds good! It sounds like your daughter is feeling better so since she was doing school work, I have been thinking about her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your menu sounds yummy. As I've been doing lately, I've been making meals around what I have in my pantry, freezers and leftovers. I'm focussing on using up older items. This helps me save money on groceries now, and makes the way for adding new foodstuffs in the future.

    Saturday: Clean out the fridge and freezer soup. (turned out to be a type of Vegetable-Tomato Soup with leftover frozen pasta and rice added in).

    Sunday: budgetbytes - Louisiana Style Red Beans and Rice. Using food already in stock.

    Monday: Planning on sending the leftovers to work for my husband, so the new meal will be Korean Pork Strip Bulgogi, but using a marinade that I can make from my pantry.

    Tuesday: Chicken Fingers using up bottom-of-the-bag nacho chips that I'll further crush as the coating; using up the last of the freezer French Fries.

    Wednesday: Leftovers from Monday and Tuesday.

    Thursday: Garlic Cream Pasta with frozen garden Kale or Swiss Chard added in; topped with parmesan cheese.

    Friday: Cream of Mushroom soup using up some frozen mushroom stems, a partial can of frozen cream of mushroom soup and mushroom powder that I dehydrated from mushrooms. This dish will finally take care of the lingering stems and frozen creamed soup. I'll add homemade Biscuits.

    I'll also make Bread Pudding to use up some frozen bread that I want to get out of my freezer. Top with homemade Mocha Chocolate Sauce or Butterscotch Sauce, or both. With the remaining frozen bread, I'm going to try to finish it off by making French Toast for breakfast and/or lunches over a couple of days.

    Pat J.

    ReplyDelete