Okay, so it's the 12th and I'm just getting to actually writing these things down. I'm giving myself some slack this month, however as the first part of the month has turned out to be pretty hectic. Hopefully the last of the month goes by in a relaxed and boring manner. That'd be nice.
When it comes to last month's goals...well I didn't get about 99% of them done, unfortunately. Between the son getting the flu and being down for a week, the daughter being down with her stomach for a week, other life stuff just getting thrown our way...really it's a miracle I got anything done at all. A lot of what I got done wasn't on my list for last month, but I did get some stuff done.
1. I got the chandelier over my kitchen table completely taken apart and deep cleaned. It was disgusting with old grease combined with dust being stuck to it (I have a recirculating hood in my kitchen which...doesn't work, so grease and stuff just floats around and sticks to everything it can).
2. I did manage to clean the ceiling fans (at least THAT was on my list).
3. I got not a lot done on the love seat, but I tried (I'm hoping to get more done on that this week).
4. We repaired the son's recliner when it broke...and then had to fix it again this week, but at least it was all fixable and relatively easy to do :).
5. I reorganized the corner shelf in my kitchen cabinets and put my mixing bowls and some of my baking pans in there instead of the snack cabinet it used to be. Snacks were just getting shoved into the back of the cabinet and going bad, the cabinet completely drove me crazy all the time and I was getting shoulder pain having to lift a stack of mixing bowls off of the top of my fridge every time I wanted to bake something. So, it was time for a change.
I'm not super thrilled with the system I have now (and by "system" I mean "unceremoniously stuffed the snacks into the hallway closet into every available nook and cranny"), but at least my baking pans are more protected now and the mixing bowls are within easy reach, which will make baking things SO much easier! It's a continual work in progress for sure.
6. I started to reorganize the son's room a bit and am starting the slow process of going through toys throughout the house. Luckily, the daughter is old enough that she's willing to go through her own toys from time to time and weed as she outgrows things, which does make my life a lot easier in the long run, but with the son's toys...I've still got quite a ways to go.
7. I started to work on a better way to menu plan and so far I'm really happy with how it is all working out. I'm hoping that I can continue to make progress in that area.
8. I deep cleaned TV's and tablets, which all needed it and managed to get some dusting done.
9. I started brainstorming how to get myself a bit more room around here to store some of my books, get a better system going to store towels and things for the bathroom and other things and started rearranging things to make those things happen more readily (maybe). I'm still working on it all in my head, but I'm hoping I'm at least getting there (I might not think fast sometimes, but I do think thorough ;).And so, yeah, I did get some things accomplished last month, even though I felt like I was spinning my wheels for most of it.
And now, onto the goals for this month.
1. Get ready to celebrate daughter's birthday (I think I got everything I really need to get that done now, but I would at least like to make her a few things for her birthday before it gets here, so we'll see how that goes. Hopefully kids stay healthy and everything works out okay)
2. Get the flour storage corner figured out, hopefully a little bit better (seen up top). I currently have everything just kind of stacked where I can get to it, but it really does look cluttered and not what I'd like for it to look like, so I'm going to see what I can do to improve the situation some.
3. Make sure daughter has a good birthday (preparations are underway ;).
4. Continue search for speech therapist. In meantime write to Gemini program and ask about a scholarship program for the son.
5. Keep a watch on the phone bill. When roll over gigs are close to used up from past months think about upgrading the internet (as we're running about 3 gigs over every month and so far the roll over gigs are taking care of that, but I'm not sure how long those will last as they expire if you don't use them and they are expiring decently fast here). This won't happen this month, but I want to get in the habit of watching that carefully, especially if I can get Gemini working out as that's a streaming video program, so I know it'll eat into our internet even more.
6. Continue to try and get son signed up for Special Olympics swimming.
1. Deep clean laundry room (half of it got doused in water when the hot water heater started leaking and got pretty clean then, but the rest of it needs things moved and cleaned under them and things).
2. Shampoo carpets
3. Clean children's air purifiers.
4. Clean cabinets in kitchen.
5. Take down curtains and wash them. Put them back up.
6. Move beds and clean under them.
7. Take inventory of freezer and pantry to see what needs to be used up and what might to need to be replenished in coming months.
8. Start work on another pot holder for kitchen.
1. Love seat. Get it done (simple, sweet and to the point).
2. Sew a couple of skirts for daughter's birthday (this is something I've been trying to get done for months and am STILL not gotten it done yet, so I'm hoping I make it before her birthday).
3. Get some mending done.
4. Attempt to repair favorite pair of jeans (I don't really think they are able to be mended where the hole is developing, but I can hope).
5. Sew a couple more pillowcases (it seems like we never have enough of those things for some odd reason).
1. Make chocolate chip muffins. Put some aside for breakfasts for daughter and freeze the rest for later use.
2. Make a couple of more freezer meals. Freeze for later use (I actually used the one dish of manicotti I managed to freeze last month and made it for dinner instead of baked ravioli the other night due to me having a bad headache, so yeah...more freezer meals would be a good thing.
3. Work on menu plan for next month. Plan baking day for bread and other baked goods and try to get them done by the last week of February so everything is ready to go by March.And yeah, since I know I'll fail if I list everything else I'd LIKE to get done, but doubt I'll accomplish, I'll leave it there. How about you? Got anything you need to get done this month?