The song is called, "Unwell" and is by the band "Matchbox 20". I have a "Matchbox 20" t-shirt I bought at a concert of theirs from back in the late 90's I still wear to bed quite a bit. And if I totally lost you there, I'm sorry. I'm an old nerd who has followed Rob Thomas since he sang his first album (he's the lead singer) *laugh*.
What a week! This has been a week of my son not sleeping...at all...and today he came home with a stuffed up nose and a cough and then he collapsed for a nap and just woke up. Yeah, it's 6:30 here. Not looking like I'm sleeping tonight either, but man I hope he at least feels better cold symptom-wise. I wonder WHY he could have a cold??? Hmmm....gee could it be the two hours of sporadic sleep he's been insisting on at night? Nah...I'll blame sun spots.
I ended up going back to the doctor for my left arm as it was so bad today that my arm from the elbow down was completely numb, while my shoulder was in a nice amount of pain, probably from having to crash up in the living room a lot to stop my son from bothering his dad who has been working from late afternoon till the wee early hours of the morning. The doctor put me on prednisone for the next five days and some anti inflammatory drugs to see if we can get the flare ups under better control and hopefully help get my arm to start healing. I have to say so far the drugs are getting to me and I'm not feeling great, but at least I have feeling back in my lower arm and hand after the first dose of prednisone this morning. So, yay for that!
Pros for the week were getting taxes done and feeling good about the amount on the return as it'll allow me to get the another chunk of dental bills from the hubby paid off when it comes in and hopefully leave enough of a cushion in the bank so I'm not in a pure financial panic as soon as bills come due for the month. I just pray that nothing really expensive comes down the pike to make the money go bye bye as seems to be the universe's trend.
So, the goals for last month were definitely hit or miss, but I got a bunch of things done anyway, so I'm going to call it "okay" on the getting things done front.
This month's goals...well are all over the place. "Waiting impatiently for tax return so I can breath again" is definitely on the list as with how short this month is for paychecks, the 700.00 in utility bills that I'm going to have to roll over from this week onto next week's paycheck due to the checks being small and such...I need the money in the bank before the first rolls over next month or I might have the breakdown they talk about in the video, but I will definitely know why *laugh*.
So, here we go! This month's goals!
- Cut out, embroider and put together throw pillow for daughter's bed for her birthday (she wants a Pegasus, with flowers, on it. Animals aren't really a strong suit of mine, so I'm praying this goes well).
- Embroider more as a whole (I have all kinds of projects in the works and am hoping my arm will be up to doing them here this month).
- Continue to work on making towels (since I didn't get to them yet this week)
- Make a few pot holders to replace ones that are shot/gotten too thin.
- Get den cleaned out from after Christmas cluttering up (I REALLY need to get the rest of the Christmas stuff into storage...between the cold and the snow I haven't really been up to it).
- Work on master bedroom more. Weed, weed weed!
- Donate things to used stores as I go.
- Clean out fridge. Deep clean.
- Shampoo more carpeting in house (preferably living room and daughter's room and then move downstairs to do down there all at once).
- Clean and organize daughter's room better.
- Continue optimism that this year is going to be a great one (power of positive thinking!)
- Start on future journal
- Wait on word on daughter's insurance (hopefully I'll hear something soon...I refuse to make a step until I hear one way or the other this year though...I learned my lesson from last year all too well!)
- Make some more make ahead types of items and put into freezer (I made a huge pot of chicken taco meat earlier this week and am going to portion it out and freeze it for enchiladas and things later, so I want to get a few more things like that made as I make them for the menu. And I need more soup in the freezer too at some point).
- Pay bills without panicking (hey, it could happen!).