Looking at my list for last week, somehow I got like nothing accomplished on said list for the most part. I DID get a couple of things done on it, thank goodness, but not as much as I'd hoped to get done.
I got the laundry folded, put away and most importantly CAUGHT UP! I have been making sure, no matter how exhausted or cruddy I'm feeling to keep the laundry rolling and get it washed and put away in the same day. Yes, I still have bedding I'm having to do, but it's slowly getting there in the caught up department as keeping on top of the clothes means I have one load of clothes per day, one load of bedding per day pretty much a given with my son and then I've been getting about two loads of bedding done on top of that, so I'm getting there. Slowly but surely.
I didn't get my sewing done this last week just because my arms started aching worse at even the THOUGHT of it, but I did manage to get my bedroom really mucked out and looking good. Amazing how much paper accumulates over a couple of years just from junk mail you put in a pile or papers that were important at the time, but once the year is over...not so much. So, I got all of that weeded out and thrown away or filed into the "important to keep" category.
Some things that weren't on my goals, but am proud that I've been keeping on top of is making sure all the dishes get done and put away and the table gets cleaned off and a new tablecloth put on everyday again (it gets hard keeping on top of my son when it comes to getting crumbs and things all over the table, so I've just found it easier to change out the tablecloth every day). I've also been just mucking out and reorganizing the kitchen more to get it more streamlined to make my life easier (one of my goals this year...I've REALLY got to post those *laugh*). I've also been proud to send my daughter to school with home made treats (like this week was cookie bars and rose hip fruit leather) instead of having to worry about throwing in some packaged thing that I really couldn't afford and the home made stuff probably tasted better anyway :).
And I managed to stick to my menu plan this week! Only one day ended up getting kicked down the road because of my husband not feeling good (so we're having sloppy joes tonight instead of last night), but I feel really good about sticking to my plan instead of deviating. The shelf I put up by the china cabinet with the materials I need from the pantry and things is working FABULOUSLY well so far, so yay for that :).
This week's goals...well there's a lot of sewing goals on here. I want to get the towels and handkerchiefs sewn this week as we need them so I can throw out the truly "there is no saving these" thrashed ones (or, more likely with the old towels I'll be sending them out into the garage to be used as rags).
So, here are this week's goals.
- Continue to work on mending comforters and requilting when I have time
- Mend daughter's teddy bear (she plucked the material in the hand and now there's a hole. Kids. What motivates them sometimes?)
- Sew new towels
- Sew handkerchiefs
- Sketch out embroidery designs onto pillow cases (also links in with yearly goals...promise I'll get to posting those, probably today or tomorrow :).
- Confirm PFD applications went through okay (already done)
- Get menu plan ready for this week (nearly done)
- Get massive order from Amazon put away when it gets here (they FINALLY shipped the majority of my orders that I ordered from my family for Christmas and they're supposed to be here today. Just a LITTLE excited as things I need like paper towels are in this order!)
- Shovel off deck (we have a foot of snow on there right now and I have to walk over it to dump the garbage. Oh and it's snowing again today so yeah...deck is getting shoveled off pronto here).
- Continue to work on cleaning master bedroom and getting things mucked out and better organized throughout the house.
- Clean out car well.
- Make appointment to get oil changed on car.
How about you? Got anything planned this week?