I went in for my physical yesterday and for the most part it seems I'm doing good. I need to get a pelvic ultrasound to check for ovarian cysts since they run in the family and my doctor wants to make sure that's not a potential problem (I've had issues in the past that were not followed up on so she's actually following up on them). The ultrasound through the doctor's office would have been ridiculously expensive, but I called around and found that the outfit that had done my ultrasounds when I was pregnant is still the cheapest option out there (and they are really super nice to deal with and accept interest free payments :). So, as soon as I've bandaged up the financial gash I caused by having to pay for my strep throat visit to the doctor last week I'll have to make an appointment to go in and get that done (hopefully next week). We haven't talked about my lab results yet, so I'm still not sure how much vitamin D to be taking to get my deficiencies up, but I'm still popping some extra as any bit helps at this point I'm thinking.
When it came to goals last month...well I got the appointments I needed to get done, done. The rest of it was kind of a mixed bag. I did get the hallway closet done, which needed to be done BAD and I got a Christmas gift made (and I got one coming that I made for my husband in the mail), but I'm at this point WAY behind on getting Christmas gifts made, so that's definitely going to be taking a priority this month as I don't want to be running around all of December trying to get things done. I'd like to get everything done in November so I can sit back, make cookies and have some fun with the kids this year instead of stressing about money and figuring out gifts come December. I still see me stressing about money, but at least I'd like to not have to worry about spending money on Christmas in December anyway :).
I am still messing with the idea of how to make a weighted hat for my son, but it's not a super priority anymore as his speech therapist went and bought him one for an early Christmas gift (which was awesome) and it has come in super handy to get him cranial weight and pressure, which he craves all the time.
So, anyway, here are the goals for this month!
- Work on Christmas Gifts
- Work on Couches
- Make gift for new nephew (he's due in January)
- Reset master bedroom closet and get master bedroom mucked out and organized.
- Clean out toys and kids rooms and just generally clean and neaten both rooms
- Clean and organize kitchen cabinets (started doing this yesterday as they needed it).
- Try not to spend money and pay debts (I'm praying we can just get ahead and maybe save a few pennies at some point. Praying hard).
- Make final prep list for Thanksgiving and slowly pick up items needed in coming weeks
- Mull and can cider (*snort* this might get done by Spring the way I'm going ;).
- Dig out Christmas decorations and move them to more easily accessible location for later (right now they are buried behind a TON of stuff in our 40' van so this is going to be a challenging goal I think).
- See chickens off to their new home (it should be sometime soon as my friend just got her keys yesterday). Muck out and clean cage once they leave.
- Start baking more and things at home, but being careful of not overdoing it with arm when doing so (the challenging bit).
- Grind wheat (coffee grinder away!!!)