When it came to the sleep center bill, I finally just told my husband to handle it as his way is definitely not my way. He's talking about contacting lawyers and suing someone and I'm there begging him not to rack up lawyer fees talking to lawyers as we don't have the money for those bills on top of everything else. He swears he's going to ask if the calls are free consultations when it calls. Man, I hope he does. Why he doesn't just go in righteously angry and negotiate I'm not sure, but I quickly got frustrated, worried and panicky about the way he wanted to handle it, so I just backed away. I paid the sleep center 100.00 in good faith this week, so that will keep them happy through the end of next month. So, it's up to my husband after that.
I actually managed to get a decent amount done off of my goals list for the month this last week. I got the winter tires put on my car, got mine and the kid's flu vaccinations taken care of (my son was good as gold through the shot, but hopped down and ran for the door when he saw the band aid...he hates those things *laugh*), got my daughter through her orthodontist check up (which we don't have to go in for like another six months from what they told me). And I paid our bills. Deep hurting was involved for sure, but they are at least paid :).
This weekend I refused to let myself sink into depression or black moods, so I decided to clean and organize instead. This, my friends, is one of the best pieces of advice I can give. If your "big picture" life seems out of control or there are things you can't control that are effecting you, work on something you CAN control. Like organizing a hallway closet (seen up top) and determinedly coming up with a system that allows you to fit your carpet cleaner, your vacuum cleaner and all of it's attachments (which the attachments were stacked over by my heating vent and the vacuum cleaner and carpet cleaner were in the hallway as that was the only place I could find to put them) and all of your cleaning tools (sans cleaners...I'm still trying to figure out a good spot for those) in the closet along with your most heavily used bulk food items (for me it's buckets of flour, sugar and bread flour) in the closet.
I've also cleaned here and there as I went about my business trying to get things nice and clean so I can implement a cleaning schedule. So far the swath of destruction that are my kids have thwarted me, but I'm working on it.
This week's goals are including things like finding room for 12 boxes of manicotti noodles that are coming in from Amazon. I added those onto my monthly order as I kept thinking of things I'd like to get for winter and on a whim I checked the price of manicotti noodles. I'd bought the 12 pack of manicotti noodles YEARS ago (and I mean like when my kids were tiny type of years) and had paid like 28.00 for them, but they'd lasted forever and then I look on Amazon and in pure disbelief they are like 7.00 and some change for 12 BOXES of manicotti noodles! I immediately ordered it (without the 5 items on Subscribe and Save to get the 15% off, when I checked yesterday they were only like 9.00 and some change for the 12 boxes. Compared to what these go for at the store, I'd definitely check that out if you use them :).
So, this week's goals are lofty, but I'm still hoping to get them all done.
- Clean and scrub children's rooms (hoping to work on this today)
- Move video shelves upstairs one at a time.
- Once video shelves are moved prepare to move china cabinet (glass shelves and husband's help needed as while pretty light it's still bulky). Luckily it's in two pieces
- Find room for Amazon.com order when it comes in
- Move daughter's dresser into closet
- Work on daughter's Halloween costume
- Work on Christmas gifts
- Mend daughter's pants
- Felt wool for one Christmas gift (praying this works alright and I can do it without clogging up a washer or a dryer. Here's hoping!)
- Sit down and plan menu for next week with daughter (she's earning the right to call a meal every week IF she does what she is supposed to do. She's also going to start helping me to cook and do the dishes. Whether she likes it or not...so far not *laugh*).
- Work on reupholstering couch and love seat (waiting on my husband to get me some bulk tacks from the industrial hardware store).