I'm hoping my arm feels up to doing different things this month, including cleaning walls and carpets as much as I can so that the house is deep cleaned for winter, thus helping to keep the air a bit cleaner and maybe keep us all a bit healthier. I definitely need to clean out all of the electric baseboard heaters so that they are ready to fire up when the weather starts getting really cold here within the next month, so that's at the top of my cleaning goal list.
Christmas gifts will be one of my goals as well as I really need to start getting going on those now that food preservation is starting to finally slack off schedule-wise. I do have a few more things to get done, but I will hopefully get those done this week and be done with it.
So, here's this month's goals!
- Celebrate son's birthday
- Rest. Nap. Ice arm. Get better!
- Figure out better system of organization for things, again, to cut down on house clutter.
- Pull out fall and Halloween decorations. Put them up.
- Work on Christmas Gifts. Finish at least three of them.
- Find big things of aida cloth or other course woven fabrics and mess around with Swedish weaving (getting more in touch with my heritage and it kind of looks like fun and actually pretty when done :).
- Go to fall festival with the kids. A local farm has a fall festival every year with hay rides, a big hay maze, a pumpkin patch and other fun things to do, but we've always been sick or something (and we've been too broke to afford the 25.00 for the family to get in, honestly). The last few years they have had a special needs day for kids so that special needs kids can go and have fun at the event without all of the people that jam into the event on the next day. The event is also free on that day for families of special needs children. So, I'm hoping to take the kids to it this year as I think they'll have a lot of fun (if the weather and our health permit us to go).
- Deep clean baseboard heaters
- Get ceiling fans cleaned well and vacuumed off (got the living room fan done yesterday, so two more to go).
- Clean carpets well.
- Organize children's rooms better to keep things clean better.
- Wash windows and closet doors.
Food Preservation Goals:
- Mull and can apple cider
- Dehydrate potatoes.
- Keep eye out for good deal on carrots. If find one, blanch and freeze some and dehydrate some others.
- Blanch and freeze the last of peas.
- Wait for peas to die off and then pull them, turn soil, plant onion and garlic starts for Spring and walk away.