The garden's productivity is definitely falling off. I still have a few young Swiss chard plants that I am hoping will grow a bit more and I also have one adult plant that is finally suffering less slug damage, so I'm hoping the leaves will get bigger yet before it bolts.
Believe it or not I still have three lettuce plants that I grew from the seeds Jeannie sent me and they are filling in nicely since I thinned the lettuce plants, so I'm hopeful that I might have lettuce through the first half of August if they don't bolt. Fingers crossed :).
Past harvesting some lettuce and peas from the garden and some rose hips and a few straggler raspberries from the yard I just have to nurse my seedlings and see how far they get before it gets too cold. Temps are already getting down into the 40's at night, so we'll see how it goes.
Shopping Goals: August 2016
- Pears (these are running 1.49 lb at Fred Meyer this week, so I'm hoping to get enough to can some)
- Zucchini (if cheap)
- Apples (if they start to come into season and get cheap)
- Other cheap produce (if I run into any)
- Sugar (I'd like to get another 25 lb bag of it this month)
- Olive Oil (or bulk store, depending where the big bottles go cheaper)
- 2 Big Blocks of Cheese (if I can swing that it will last us for a good couple of months worth of meals)
- Garbage Bags
- Freezer Bags
- Dry cured salami (for the pantry)
- Regular Rolled Oats
- Hot chocolate mix