Well, my friends, in my case you go through, take a detailed inventory of what you DO have and figure out how to fill those holes without spending money. And I came up with some plans.
Remember those #10 (big coffee can size) cans of tomato sauce I bought last year? Well, they'll be coming into play here this month (hopefully depending on how hot it is :) and I'll be using skills and my canner to fullest extent to get some things accomplished here.
I do have a subscribe and save order in with Amazon that I paid for with giftcards, so at least I don't have to worry about that coming back to haunt me with money coming out of the account next week.
The garden should start producing this month to the point I should be harvesting lettuce and other salad fixings as well as herbs. This is always a welcome addition to our summer table, so I'm definitely looking forward to that.
So, anyway, here's my various shopping goals for the month.
From the Pantry/Canning:
#10 Cans of Tomato Sauce, make into:
- BBQ Sauce
- Yellow mustard
- Golden syrup (this will help supplement pancake toppings come winter to save me money on maple syrup and also to be used in cooking)
- Ultra Gel (for canning)
- Chili powder (bulk)
- Au Jus mix (bulk)
- Fish oil containing vitamins, chewable (for son. Some people swear that it has helped their child to talk better and have less melt downs, so I want to give it a shot)
- Dill Seed (bulk)
- Kraft EZ Mac cups (for son for summer school)
- Water Softening Salt
- Cheap produce (if I run into any)
- Cheap meat (I'm running kind of low, so I'm kind of hoping to run into some)
And there you are folks. My shopping goals for this month. How about you? Have anything planned?