I do have a few recipes to share, though, that I made last week and realized I hadn't shared yet, so hopefully I'll be able to get to that this week and get back on track with everything else. At least my family didn't starve last week. So, I suppose I did my job *laugh*.
On them monthly goal front, though, I did get some things done. As I put in my Frugal Friday post, I did get my glasses cabinet all emptied, the inside shelves washed and contact paper put down. I also started going through other cabinets and figuring out what needed to be weeded or what plain needed to be tossed (a lot of empty boxes and things were hiding in the back of the cabinets).
I started to figure out what could plain get tossed and/or donated around here as well. I even found a few things, like my mug tree that I like a lot, but it is just plain taking too much room on my counters right now, that could go into storage until a new chapter of life starts later on.
With my husband's help I got the coffee table we had in storage and put it in our living room and then rearranged the living room coffee table to the den where my son can sit at it more easily when he's doing feeding therapy. The trunk I moved to the end of my bed so it's better protected from my son's abuse. I also put a new table cloth on the coffee table when I moved it downstairs into the den as the other one just didn't go with the color scheme down there, but it seriously needs some work as I just kind of threw some cloth over it that looked okay to my eye.
I got some more windows washed and some of the glass surfaces in the house deep cleaned, which felt good.
I also got one star out of nine mended/resewn on the quilt I got a while back. Feels good to at least have gotten part of it done this last week.
So, onto this week's goals!
- Wash children's winter gear a few times and hang it up (basically preparing to put it into storage, but I'm not convinced winter is over yet).
- Wash walls down in children's rooms.
- Clean ceiling fans.
- Shampoo upstairs carpets
- Vacuum mattresses and wash and put away flannel bedding for year
- Continue to weed through things and figure out what needs to be donated or culled.
- Haul stuff in den that was emptied from furnace room and other parts of the house and put it out into storage or add to donation pile.
- Can applesauce.
- Repair couch in den (this is a pretty big job, so I'm figuring it might take more than one week to do).
- Work on pillow shams for couch in den (like I said...big job that couch).
- Continue to work on mending quilt.
- Finish bag holder (I really need to get some sewing done).