I did however get a few things done.
1. I cleaned out my china cabinet and cleaned all of the glass surfaces in said china cabinet (seen up top after said cleaning). I still need to wash the wooden parts and wax it, but it's a lot better than it was. I got rid of empty bottles, organized my vintage Corelle (well some of it...the rest of that stuff is in my kitchen cabinets) and my Pyrex refrigerator dishes and made the cabinet look a lot more cohesive and better organized. It makes me happy every time I look at it now :).
2. I also started to get my furnace room reorganized now that it's emptied out. I hung up the kids snow shoes and got the vacuum bags hung up. I still have some more to do there, but I'm happy with the progress so far.
3. I got slip covers for the two throw pillows cut out. Still need to embroider them and sew them together, but at least I got that far. I have been having a terrible time with fatigue since I got that bad cold/flu bug and sewing was the last thing on my mind.
4. I found materials to redo the couch downstairs at the used store. I measured it out and I think for the 2.50 I spent on the material that I should be able to redo the majority of the damage to the couch, so I'm super happy about that. Then I just need to make a big slip cover for the couch cushions as they need one BAD anymore and the couch should be looking pretty good. I'm hoping to get to that this week.
3. I also weeded out more clothes from the kids that didn't fit them anymore and with my daughter I had her pull out some bigger sized pants to see if they fit or not. She could a couple of pairs that fit her, so at least we got that taken care of for now. Still got more weeding to do, but we're making progress.
4. And I cleaned the coils on the standing freezer and mopped underneath it (that was filthy!).
Seeing it all in writing, I guess I didn't do too shabby last week. Mainly I didn't get to what I wanted to do (like sewing and working on mending that quilt), but at least I got some things marked off my list.
Now onto my goals for this week!
1. Clean kitchen cabinets, switch shelves around (they are adjustable inside...I know...cheap, but it's what I got), clean objects on top of cabinets.Sewing Goals:
2. Work on couch in den. Get repairs done if possible (as it's going to look weird if I don't do it all at once).
3. Shampoo carpets.
4. Start to wash windows (they need it bad!)
5. Clean Dishwasher
1. Work on pillow shams for couch.Garden Goals:
2. Work on dress.
3. Make new bag holder (mending old one failed. The material is so old it's brittle and it's just not working).
4. Make pattern for some reusable shopping bags.
1. Make diagram of garden, this time taking into account where seeds and seedlings will be planted to figure out best layout for it.
2. Make list of items I'll need for garden this year (I'm planning on planting some things in planters and such so I need to budget for that).
3. Go through some flowers with daughter and figure out what she wants to plant (she REALLY wants to grow some flowers this year so I think I'm going to work on that with her. I'm also hoping to plant some bulb flowers, like daffodils this year to come up next year :).