Now it is February. A new month and a new chance to get some stuff done around here. So, I give you my goals for this month!
February is one of the longest feelings months in our long winters in Alaska, at least for me. By February the heat being on all the time, the house being closed up and such and the dust really starts to get thick come February even if you dust regularly. I just get to a point where I really just want to scrub some walls in a pseudo "Spring Cleaning" to remind myself that Spring will come eventually. At least the light is finally getting better as we're gaining light back so I can open the windows and enjoy daylight through the day.
1. Get taxes filed (done). When refund comes in pay off first bill for husband's teeth (hopefully quickly as it would be such a relief to be done with it).
2. Get daughter's insurance paperwork filled out and in the mail (done). I'm hoping this goes through smoothly as this is what the government said she should have for this year. If she gets denied things might get interesting as I'm scrambling to find her insurance so we don't get penalized. I hate insurance renewal time.
3. Redo master bathroom in a lighter color. I have some lighter green carpets that used to be in my kid's bathroom, but my son messes up the rugs constantly, so I figure I'll put them in the master bathroom and hang up a shower curtain that didn't work in the kids bathroom because it's just a bit too dark for their small bathroom.
4. Make sure I have all the materials to make daughter's birthday cake.
5. Scrub down walls and get rid of masses of finger prints and dirt from son.
6. Drink more water (it will not only save me money doing this, but is also healthier for me).
7. Clean fridge out and scrub everything thoroughly.
8. Dust. Remove books from shelves and dust those as well. Dust top of kitchen cabinets.
1. Make daughter a few nightgowns (if I can make a pattern successfully) for her birthday. Embroider a few designs on them to make them "fancy".And there you are folks. Some of my basic goals for this month. What about you?
2. Make cloth napkins to embroider (I will make napkins this month. I'm determined).
3. Sew pocket onto husband's shirt that needs it.
4. Work on darning.
5. Make spring themed table cloth.
6. Work on robe for self if I can find my pattern for robes.
7. Start to work on sewing together dress.