So, one of the things I did was just plain ADD a lot of the things I'm going to be doing the rest of this week to deep clean the house to get rid of just the shear amount of yuck we have floating around. It's got to be done and I do better when I check things off a list, so that will get done.
Bright side is my husband has picked up some side work to help somewhat with finances and is actually planning on contacting some leads he has for new jobs as soon as he gets done with the few jobs he's doing at the beginning of this week. Just him doing that has helped alleviate some of my anxiety, which is definitely welcome.
I also wanted to take this opportunity to send out a heartfelt thank you to everyone who has been nice enough to offer up advice and encouragement this last week or even to send up a prayer in our general direction. It really helped to lift me from my emotional funk and start seeing the good that is still there in bad times...sometimes you just need a reminder that it's there :). I don't know what I ever did to deserve blog readers like you, but I'm grateful either way. Thank you all!
So, onto the goals for this month!
Monthly Goals: December 2015
- Finish Christmas Gifts (this might get tricky in the next little bit as my husband is working weekends, but I'm determined!)
- Attempt to fix husband's boots (I'm working on putting a new sole on the inside of a boot...this might be interesting but I think I can make it work)
- Make table runner for kitchen table out of Christmas Snoopy fabric. Make new covering of some type for sideboard and coffee table (I kind of need to cover surfaces as my son likes to just leave liquid things on the wooden furniture. I don't like to see wooden furniture hurt, so I take steps to protect it. And hey, it gives me an opportunity to make them more holiday-like, so double bonus ;).
- Work on embroidery projects (if I can find time)
- Make stocking stuffers for husband and kids (I consider these separate from the Christmas gifts, so that is why they are their own goal).
- Put up Christmas decorations (already started on this and got the rest pulled into the house yesterday).
- Organize upstairs video space better (it's kind of a mess right now and I need to come up with something better).
- Reorganize the gloves and hats and boots/shoes area in the den. It's always such a mess and so disorganized. I'm going to do something about that.
- Pull out cookbooks for Christmas baking recipes.
- Make up bucket of bleach water. Scrub bathrooms. Scrub son's bed inside and out with said water (make sure it's diluted enough to not bleach out the plastic).
- Wash all the bedding on hot to kill any residual germs. Change children's beds with nice super clean bedding.
- Shampoo all upstairs carpets at least three times (to remove any residual germs and/or funk in the carpet).
- Make up pot of air freshener and steam the house with good smells.
- Figure out Christmas dinner plans. Normally I buy a beef roast on after Christmas clearance (yes, I hit meat clearance too *laugh*) and Food Saver it for the next year's Christmas dinner, but that didn't happen last year due to finances, so this year I'm going to have to come up with another plan. I'm thinking maybe a cheaper roast (I normally get a standing rib roast on clearance) or maybe a ham. Still thinking on this one.
- Look through what little is left on gift cards and what we have in the pantry to figure out if there is anything we want to do "special" for my birthday. It's at the end of the month, so I have time. My daughter gets upset by my nonchalant attitude when it comes to Mother's Day and my birthday *laugh*.
- Take kids to the Bright Up the Night Display. This is right up our alley as you stay in your car and drive through the display. With my son's want to play with everything Christmas light related, I think this will be a lot of fun!
- Do blog post on winter activities
- Do blog post on frugal Christmas decor.
- Do blog post on things I've read in October and November (I did indeed read...just haven't gotten around to the blog post yet *laugh*).