Monday, May 4, 2015

Fred Meyer Deals for the Week 5/3/15

Wow, it's been a LOOONNNNGGG time since I wrote that subject line, with the exception of the date of course *laugh*.

One of the things I decided I really needed to do with the blog here is that I really needed to post up the weekly deals for Fred Meyer and Carrs/Safeway for Alaska seeing as how coupon blogs have kind of gone by the wayside since I stopped following or doing my own three or so years ago.

I've been doing the weekly match ups for my own personal use, but looking at my screen the other day I was like, "Wait.  Other people might be interested in these too."  If ever there was advice I could give on saving money it is this.  Be sure to check the weekly ads, weekly, comp shop and be sure to get the best bang for your buck with those in-ad coupons.

Carrs allows you to download weekly ad coupons onto your card now for convenience (course you can only use that once, but it still saves time), and Fred Meyer allows you to print the coupons from the weekly ads off online, so there's no worries about going to the store and not having the coupons you need from the ad anymore (which is lovely!).

So, here you go folks.  When I have TIME I'll be doing the weekly match ups and sale highlights for the two stores.  I won't be doing Target (don't shop there much) or Wal-Mart (because I don't shop at Wal-Mart), but I'll at least try to do these two stores for me and for you.

Some quick notes on coupon work ups.  If you see the following terms, they mean the following.

B1G1 = Buy 1 Get 1 Free
OYNO = On Your Next Order (having to do with Catalina coupons, speaking of which)
Catalina Coupons = Coupons that print at the register when you buy certain things.  Sometimes those deals work and sometimes they don't due to system errors or printer problems.
WYB = When You Buy
SS = Smart Source insert in the newspaper
Redplum = Another coupon insert that comes in the paper...you won't be seeing much of the SS and Redplum mentions as Alaska gets like no coupons.
P&G = Proctor and Gamble insert that comes in the newspaper on the first newspaper of the month.

And um, others I'm sure I'm forgetting.

So, here you go.  Weekly deals for Fred Meyer.

Fred Meyer Deals for the Week 5/4/15 (prices reflect Alaska pricing)
Private Selection Extra Lean Ground Beef 4.99 lb (for extra lean this is actually, sadly, a good price right now)

Large Hass Avocados or Mangoes 1.50 a piece

32 oz. International Delight Coffee Creamer 2.50 a piece with in-ad coupon (limit 4 per coupon)

Fred Meyer Canned Veggies, Beans or Tomatoes .59 per CAN with in-ad coupon (limit 6.  Limit one coupon per customer...so if you want to do this more than once in a week, only imput your Rewards Card number once to be safe)

Farmland Bacon 4.99 lb with in-ad coupon (limit 4)

Cheezit Crackers on sale 2.50 a piece with in-ad coupon (limit 4)

Pepsi and 7 Up, 2 liter bottle 1.50 a piece

Six pack Pepsi 16.9 oz bottles (so, just out of curiosity when did THAT shrink from 20 oz bottles???) on sale 3.33 a piece.

Colored Bell Peppers 1.25 a piece

Personal Watermelon or Pineapple 3.00 a piece (makes me wish I had extra pocket money...I'd get us a watermelon!)

Green Beans 1.99 lb

Zucchini or Yellow Squash 1.69 lb

Sweet Corn 3 for 2.00

Garnier Fructis shampoo and conditioner on sale 2.50 per bottle

Simple Truth Organic mini peeled carrots (16 oz) on sale 1.89

Langers juice on sale 2.00 a piece with in-ad coupon (limit 6):  Good price for juice!

Kroger brand Breakfast Sausage 2.99 with in-ad coupon (limit 4)

General Mills Family size cereals on sale 3.50 a piece 
 Use 1.00/2 General Mills Cereal (Cheerios, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Chex, Lucky Charms, Cocoa Puffs, Trix, Reese’s Puffs, Fiber One, Cookie Crisp, Golden Grahams, Kix, Total, Wheaties, etc)
Final Price:  3.00 per box when you buy 2

Alba Shower Gel, or Bath Gel, Moisturizer or Cream, 2-32 fl oz; Select Varieties  on sale B1G1 (natural choices department)

Oroweat Bread on sale 3.49

Ragu Pasta Sauce on sale 1.99

And there you have it folks.  The best deals I could find at Fred Meyer this week.  Sadly, not a lot of coupon match ups in this week's ad, but still some decent produce sales and the Garnier shampoo and conditioner is a good price for middle line shampoo and conditioner.  And if I didn't have the canned veggies, tomato products and a bunch of dried beans in my pantry right now, you'd BET I'd be jumping on the canned veggie sale this week!

And remember too to download your double fuel rewards coupon onto your rewards card for Friday, Saturday and Sunday through August 2nd, so you can get the benefits of that when you go shopping on the weekend!

So, good luck in your shopping endeavors this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment