Monday, March 11, 2024

Our Trip to Seward, AK (a Few Pictures), October 2023


 Yikes, was I late sharing these.  Life getting in the way and all.  But, enjoy, however late they may be :).  This was actually scheduled to go up last week, but I was down all weekend with my back flared up really bad and ended up getting a migraine from it, sooooo this ended up being later than I wanted it to be.  But, hey, now you get a few posts this week.  Bonus!!  *Laugh*.

*********************

Our Trip to Seward, 2023


I know this is really late getting shared, but I thought I’d still post up a quick post with some of our pictures we got when we went to Seward last October.  Really, you guys are getting so see my pictures from the Sea Life Center, as that was the one indoor thing we did.  The rest of the trip it rained, a lot, so all of my outdoor pictures came out looking like rain and blurry stuff in the background.  So, enjoy the pictures of the fishies and other wildlife!



First, I’ll spam you with some pictures of the birds.
  




My younger sister has always loved puffins, she even had a stuffed one as a child, so I took a bunch of pictures of them to send to her.  




The birds were surprisingly friendly, although I had to try and get pictures of them from a few small angles as those were the places in the exhibit that had roof overhead to shield my phone from the rain.




One thing I wish I could have gotten a shot of was the baby seals.  They fell in love with Alvah and followed him around the tank, constantly watching him and acting like they wanted him to play with them.  It was so stinking cute!  Unfortunately, those were some of the blurry photos that came out looking like I took them under water, so that was disappointing.



This pretty neat looking fish was hard to get a shot of as he was more interested checking out the daughter than looking at me, but I got a few shots in.
 



This guy got jealous (it sure did seem that way) of the other fish getting its photo taken, so kept swimming right in front of my shot and staring at me.
  I laughed and took its picture and then it seemed to happily swim away.



We drove down to a boat launch on the other side of Seward, which ended up being a lot of fun as it’s out on a spit that you have to drive to, which ended up being a neat drive to take.   This was a side trip I wanted to take as I wanted to go and actually see the beach.  My husband then ran into an older gentleman who lived on that side of Seward who remembered an old friend of my husband’s family. They had a blast talking to each other about people who used to live in Seward and how it used to be
 set up and things.  While he talked to the older gentleman, the kids and I sat and watched a really amusing squirrel that was running all over the place, but I could never get it to sit still long enough to take a picture of it.


Once we got to the boat launch area we went down and walked on the beach briefly.  It was cold and rainy that day, so I didn’t get much in the way of awesome photos, but I did find a really neat bone on the shore, left over from some sea critter’s dinner I’m sure.


 

On the road trip back, I did manage to shoot a few photos from the road and was impressed those came out well.



Overall, it was a short trip, but it was a lot of fun.
  It was a shame that we managed to go about a week after the town had pretty much shut down for the winter, but we still got to see a decent amount of things and the kids had a lot of fun, especially Alvah.  He had a smile on his face the entire trip and pretty much laughed the entire drive down, which was wonderful :).


So, there you go folks.  My little photo tour of our trip to Seward.  It was a lot of fun and I hope that we can take some more road trips someday, hopefully soon as Alvah had SO much fun on that trip to Seward.

4 comments:

  1. It looks like a fun trip, even with the not so great weather. The wildlife and scenery pictures are great to see. Thank you for sharing them! Cheryl H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds perfect - especially for the kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had an enjoyable road trip. Sometimes short trips are the most fun! Maybe you can do another one soon. Hope everyone is well. …Vicky in Ky

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband is an electrician who worked on the sea life center construction. It’s a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete