Wednesday, June 6, 2018

What's for Dinner: This Week's Menu


Yay!  For the first time in forever I am finally getting this post done!  Feels good to be able to say I got my menu plan for the week done for a change :).  There is an upside to the son having therapy again.  I end up being stuck in a waiting room for an hour with time to kill.  At home normally I find things to fill that time with housework and things, but when I'm at therapy it's a great time to work on menu plans, darn socks, work on embroidery and other "hand done" projects that I normally would talk myself out of doing at home in favor of vacuuming or doing something like laundry.

We had our first speech therapy session today and the speech therapist got a good 40 minutes worth of work out of Alvah.  That's a pretty big deal with him as he really doesn't like to work and has a hard time bonding with people enough to be willing to work.  So, yay for a good start.

So, let's get onto this week's menu (so I can go to bed ;).

Wednesday:  Sandwiches and chips (impromptu type of dinner.  The son was in kind of a happy, but demanding mood). 
Thursday:  Stuffed pork chops, salad, apple sauce.  Dessert:  Rice pudding with figs.  I have yet to make the Titanic inspired dessert I had planned a while back, so I REALLY want to try it tomorrow as I have dried figs I'd like to use up and that would be a really yummy way to do it :).  I am totally going to mess with the recipe completely, refine it and make it my own, but it was a good base to start from. 
Friday:  Ribs, mashed potatoes, salad, home made bread. 
Saturday:  Pan fried chicken, leftover mashed potatoes, baked beans/corn.  Sponge cake (with jam or jelly in between layers) for dessert. 
Sunday:  Breakfast Dinner 
Monday:  Roast chicken, rice, green beans, cranberry salad on the side. 
Tuesday:  Chicken casserole (use leftover chicken) with mixed veggies, rice.

And there you are folks.  Our menu plan for the week.  How about you?  Eating anything good this week?

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad your son is getting some good speech therapy. I hope it helps him communicate better, because that usually makes a person happier when they are understood, because they can get what they want so much easier:). It should help your life, too.

    Your menu plan looks great. I just ended up making a bunch of food and putting it in the fridge and freezer to get us through this extremely busy week. Last night, I boiled some spaghetti and opened a jar of sauce, and had that, paired with some cut-up lettuce from the garden. I didn't even doctor it up. At all. Some nights are like that. The dishes are still all sitting here, though, because we had to go right out the door after eating. Some nights are like that. I need to wash them after a while. Some mornings are like that:)

    We have the actual graduation ceremony for my daughter tonight, and I have to leave my house at 2 to get her to the rehearsal, decorate the card table with momentos as we were requested to do, go out for dinner, then have the ceremony. What an afternoon. I've done lots and lots of shopping all week, and need to go one more time to get the last bit that's needed for the open house/graduation party we are hosting for her on Saturday. At least we finally found her a dress to wear yesterday. For today. No pressure there:)Whew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure that is so encouraging for you that your son has taken to the therapy so well.

    Your menu sounds delicious. I'm keeping ours simple because we've been swamped with work around the house.

    Wed. - chicken and gravy over noodles; carrots; green salad; spiced pumpkin muffins
    Thurs. - macaroni and cheese casserole; leftover green salad
    Fri. - homemade soup; grilled ham and cheese on crostini buns; jello
    Sat. - bbq pork chops; grilled potatoes in foil; marinated bean salad; Birthday cheesecake
    Sun. - bbq ribs; corn on the cob; potato salad
    Mon. - ravioli with tomato sauce; garlic bread; sliced cucumbers
    Tues. - chicken caesar salad; lemon squares

    On the weekends during the summerI get a break from cooking part of the meal as my husband loves to barbecue. So I make sure grilling, of some kind, is always on the menu.

    Enjoy your week everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dinner at your house - when can we all come? ;)
    Your menu looks delicious! You'll have to let us know how your rice pudding turns out.

    This week has been catch-as-can this week. I need to step it up - we got another $1600 medical bill this week. Sigh.

    Thanks for sharing,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh - and it's super awesome that your son is doing well with therapy! I hope that the good trend continues.

    I'll keep praying for him and you (and your family),
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for Alvah's therapy success(and time for you!)
    I made myself a mending basket for when I'm on a phone call. I actually have a mending drawer that I am trying to empty!!
    I only have a loose menu plan -
    1. leftover turkey spaghetti with salad
    2. leftover meat loaf, mashed potatoes, green beans
    3. beans and rice with salad
    4. creamed turkey over rice, broccoli
    5. eggs, potatoes, broccoli
    6. steak-umms sandwiches, salad, potato chips
    7. Subway


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot remember the last time I ate at Subway. Now I've got a craving for a sub. :)

      Delete