I've got a bunch of different goals this month. One big one is I'm attempting to make my laundry room into the "cat room" as I like to call it. I realized now that Ginger is gone that I have an opportunity to try to nip some of the negative behaviors she would teach the new cat in the bud. A big one is that she loved to claw at the carpet edges. I noticed Prince trying to claw at the same areas the other night and realized that a new scratching post for downstairs is definitely on the agenda. Belkar, bless her, loves scratching posts and goes for those before she'll claw anything else, so I'm hoping that Prince learns from her and not from the scratched spots on the carpet.
When I looked around downstairs on where to put things like a scratching post, I decided that the best spot to put one would be in the laundry room with the rest of the cat things. So, I'm going to reuse an old, but in good condition scratching post (with a bit of refurbishing) in the laundry room.
So, anyway, gutting and redoing the laundry room is definitely on the agenda this month.
I'm also hoping to finish up cleaning and organizing the master bedroom as I would like to get that done up right for a change, instead of it looking like a catch all room all the time.
And then, there is the goal of "begin premature Spring cleaning" as I keep wanting to start cleaning and preparing for Spring to get here even though we have TONS of snow on the ground and things, so I figure cleaning and getting the house better prepared for Spring isn't going to put me back any doing it bit early. This way I'm kind of hoping, too, when Spring gets here (if it ever gets here the way the weather is going) that I'll be able to focus my energies on the barn and the yard to expand the garden and get ready for hens :).
So, here's hoping I can get some of this stuff done. So far it's looking kind of sad on the "getting things done around the house" front. This week has been busy, but not around the house. Next week alone I have appointments three days of the week and it isn't much better later in the month. So, yeah, getting things done around here is going to be a challenge. Not that I've ever shied from a challenge anyway, but we'll see how it goes :).
- Finish cleaning and organizing master bedroom
- Gut and reorganize laundry room for cats
- Dig a path to the deck so husband can take garbage to the dump later on
- Start finding a good system to separate recycling (turns out about 90% of our garbage around here, which we don't really have much of, is recyclable, so we want to start doing that since it's free and at the dump anyway). We normally go through one large trashcan of garbage a week and the majority of that is things like milk jugs, so I'm really looking forward to how much actual garbage we'll be down to once we start recycling things. And the center isn't that far from my house, so I can do recycling without my husband's help :).
- Start "pre-Spring" cleaning
- Work on mending
- Work on embroidery projects (hopefully!)
- Sign up son for Special Olympic swimming program (got all the paperwork to fill out, so step one complete)
- Get son physical for said Special Olympics (appointment made)
- Get son through eye exam and pray that if he needs glasses he'll be good about wearing them *fingers, toes and eyes crossed*
- Pray that husband hears from the job he really wants (he did get called in for another interview on the other job he has an inside track on and is going in for said interview tomorrow). Either way here's hoping that he gets a good job, with enough pay we can make bills without panicking every month and one that he'll enjoy doing. Praying hard.
- Get through other appointments without issue this month.
And, yeah, that is about it for goals for this month, not that isn't enough or anything. How about you? Up to anything this month?