1. I managed to get the house cleaned, the floors scrubbed, the laundry caught up and I started to implement a cleaning schedule. It works and I'm super happy with it so far!
2. I continued to take inventory of the pantry and have that much better of an idea of what I have in it.
3. I did not get any of my sewing goals done this last week, but have found that I didn't need to make some dish towels even with having to get rid of ratty ones due to the fact that keeping on top of laundry has made it so we always have clean dish towels. Definitely a secondary bonus to getting a cleaning schedule in place. The rest of the goals will hopefully get implemented this week, but the kids came down with colds, so we'll see how it goes.
4. I did make chocolate chip muffins, but still haven't gotten the granola made (this is HOPEFULLY on the list for tomorrow if the kids go to school). Instead of beignets I decided to make lemon poppyseed muffins instead using The Prudent Homemaker's recipe.The muffins are yummy, but I didn't grease my muffin tins well enough so some of them stuck on the bottom. Ah well, they still taste good (seen above).
5. I started to go through my cookbooks and started pulling the ones that I don't use, but I haven't finished that task.
And now onto this week's goals:
1. Accomplish some of the sewing goals from last week.I'm calling that good on the goal front for this week as the rest of the goals for the week are revolving around the "Bare Essentials Challenge" (finalizing lists and the like) I'm starting soon. I'll get more into that later in the week.
2. Finish pantry inventory. Take inventory of freezers to get a good idea of what I'm going to be living on for the next bit.
3. Make granola.
4. Finish going through cookbooks. Put aside ones I'm not using.
5. Go through son's clothing and pull any that are too small for him. Place aside to donate.
6. Clean up china cabinet and get it reorganized. Do the same with children's closets (some things fell in the earthquake last night. So tomorrow is clean up day).
7. Pray that my dentist appointment on Tuesday goes well (I have a cap that is coming loose and they want to do x-rays. I haven't been to the dentist in four years so I'm more than a little bit nervous about this since I can't afford to do much of anything).
How about you? Up to anything this week?