Monday, March 2, 2015

Menu Plan Monday: Menu for Week of 3/2/15



Man, this is one of those days where menu planning was HARD.  Mainly because every single time I went to do it, all I could think of was, "Man, I'm so tired.  Need more caffeine to function."  And that would be as far as I would get on the menu planning front.

But, armed with a too-short nap (and a very unproductive day *sigh*) here I am with menu plan in hand.

Warning:  This menu goes kinda crazy in places.  It's amazing what oddball things you can get cheap on sale (thus the cornish hens on the menu).

Menu Plan for Week 3/2/15
  • Monday:  Chuck steak, rice, salad
  • Tuesday:  Orange Brined Chicken (recipe coming soon), Leftover Rice Pilaf (another recipe that I'll hopefully post soon), salad (trying to use up salad from last week before it goes funky)
  • Wednesday:  Corned Beef and Cabbage (and other veggies of course)
  • Thursday:  Parmesan Mustard Pork Chops (this is a recipe I'll definitely be sharing soon.  Super easy and tasty), Green beans, Mashed Potatoes
  • Friday:  Cornish Hens, stuffing, leftover mashed potatoes and gravy
  • Saturday:  Corned Beef Hash (using left over corned beef) with poached eggs.
  • Sunday:  Beef Roast with roasted carrots, fancy baked potatoes (recipe coming soon on that too), bread.

Breakfast (out of the ordinary):  Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal (from freezer).  I'm really enjoying this for breakfast with a splash of milk on it warm.  Banana Bread (made it last night from some of the tons of bananas I have in the freezer).  Honey Oat Bran Muffins (on Saturday).

Desserts:  Maple Custard Pie, Apple Pie

And there you are.  Definitely an interesting week of eating ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment