I did manage to reset the hallway closet. I decided to keep the blankets and sheets out of said closet as much as I can for now. The hallway closet is our access to our attic/crawl space and the hatch that leads to the attic isn't 100% tight of course, so I've noticed that I get dust and crud leaking from that hatch down onto the shelves, which isn't a big deal with "stuff" in there but when you have clean blankets? That wasn't working for me.
So, I ended up space bagging up all of my antique quilts and shoving them under my bed and then emptied out the trunk at the end of my bed by doing that. Then I put as many comforters/blankets and sheets as I could fit in there, which definitely cut down on the pile that develops on the recliner in the bedroom. Wish I had a better solution, but for now that's as good as I can do until I can get my bedroom closet emptied and put a better system in place.
In the hallway closet, right now, I have my table clothes unceremoniously shoved into available spaces where they are protected from dust fall and I have my canner, jars and bands stored in there right now until I get my canning for winter done for the year. It's better than having them hanging around in my living room over by my kitchen :).
I decided it was definitely time to figure out a skirt or dress for myself and sat down yesterday with the fabrics I'd hoped to use to make them only to find that I didn't have enough of the one fabric I wanted to use for the bodice of the dress and as for the skirt...the pattern which I thought would fold outward width-wise didn't...it goes vertical in a thin line and goes super long (the problems with getting fabric used sometimes), so to make a skirt I'd end up with a ton of panels to make it happen so the pattern wouldn't end up sideways on the skirt, which with an intricate pattern to line up...I don't have time to mess with that right now *scowl*.
So, those projects got put on the back burner until I can find better fabric (and more prolific fabric) to work with or just plain get more time to focus on doing a more intricate project than I had in mind. I hate it when you think you have something all figured out only to find that you have nothing figured out *sigh*.
When it came to anniversary plans this week, my husband and I actually ended up getting into an argument about it. I wanted to do something fun that wouldn't cost anything (the argument started just by me suggesting making one of his favorite dishes for dinner but a bit cheaper done). My husband kept obsessing that we had no money to do anything and therefore we should do nothing, put it on the back burner indefinitely and just call it a normal day. I finally got tired of trying to convince him and tired of getting my feelings hurt because neither of us was getting our point across to the other very well, so I just gave him his gifts today and called it good even though it's not our anniversary yet. I'm depressed about how that went down, I'll readily admit.
Between that and just not feeling great for a good portion of the week due to anemia...I wish I'd gotten more done. At least I did get some things done, though, so it wasn't a total loss.
At least my goals for the month are looking decent overall as I look over my list. I still need to deep clean the kid's rooms, which is kind of hard when your daughter won't go through her things and your son is a one man destruction unit (he's taken to chewing on DVD's and destroying VHS tapes, so I have to watch him CONSTANTLY to avoid collateral damage).
I am hoping to get some of that done this week, however as next week my husband is going out of town, which means things are going to be harder for me to get done as I'm going to be juggling the kids and everything 24/7.
So, yeah, onto this week's goals.
- Work on Christmas gifts a bit (I have a few projects I found that I want to get prepped and out of the way)
- If have time see about working on paneled skirt.
- Mend husband's work jacket (at least one)
- Get daughter through dentist appointment (the dentist appointment last week went well overall. The son didn't have any cavities that the dentist could see, my daughter has one cavity, but it's in a tooth that she should lose within the next year so he's going to let it go if he can and the only thing she has to get done is a filling accidentally got yanked out with her braces, so we have to get that replaced) .
- Work on goals for next month
- Work on shopping goals for next month
- Update canning list and figure out what needs to be filled in pantry-wise.
- Decorate table for 4th of July.
- Try to find refill kit for DVD repair machine (I put it somewhere "safe" and now I can't figure out where "safe" is).
- If I find the elusive repair kit, repair as many DVD's as possible to try and keep up with son's chewing on them.
Canning Goals (weather permitting on this one):
- Can BBQ sauce
- Can honey mustard
- Can cherry jam
And there you are folks. My goals for this week. You up to anything this week?