My daughter has started a new summertime work schedule where she has to earn TV time by doing chores and things without complaining (that is a big one for her to learn). She's up to earning her TV/computer/music (she really enjoys the background noise while she plays more than anything) to about 75%. Not too shabby, although we have a lot of summer break left to go. Bright side though is I'm finally getting help to do things like vacuum and other chores, which is wonderful as it's getting things done faster and is thus making me able to spend my time elsewhere on other chores that can get overlooked.
Anyway, onto how the goals went for last week.
Well, it's still a work in progress, but it is getting there. The pantry is slowly coming together. My goal, right now, is to empty both sets of wire shelves, resurface the wires surface with heavy cardboard (the grate on the shelves is so wide that jars will tip over on them without cardboard) and get as many commercially canned things OFF of said shelves as possible to give me extra room for home canned goods as I am hoping to need the space this year.
The shot of the one set of shelves is above. Believe it or not ALL of those boxes in the den translated to what is on the shelves in the picture. Kind of amazing how it doesn't look like much until it's all boxed up and spread out *laugh*.
I got the top shelf of the other set cleaned of commercially canned goods, but I still need to completely empty both of the shelves, resurface them with better cardboard and reset everything. Like the canned grapes are just kind of floating on the bottom shelf right now. I'm hoping to figure out that stuff this week.
My goals for this week are kind of all over the place. First and foremost there's this little guy who needs to go into the ground...
- Get at least two projects accomplished.
- Plant baby rhubarb plant.
- Cut dead out of raspberry patch and try to control and save what raspberry plants are left (hoping to work on that tomorrow afternoon...here's hoping anyway).
- Fertilize garden.
- Empty second set of shelves completely, reline shelves with better cardboard, reset shelves.
- Stack commercially canned goods in pantry, probably in boxes by like type, so that everything is still accessible without use of wire shelves for commercially canned goods.
- Can cabbage.
- Make lemon curd. Freeze for future desserts.
- Shampoo downstairs carpets.
- Empty part of pantry and start to scrub floor (more just to keep it as sanitary as possible in there).
- Deep clean bathrooms.
- Figure out monthly goals for June.
- Figure out shopping plans for June.
And there you are folks. What I was up to this last week and what I'm (hopefully) going to be up to this coming week. You up to anything fun?